Chapter 3

Bursting through the doors in a fiery manner, the Kingdom shook in its sturdy foundation from which his forefathers built with their bare hands. Not one single wolf got in his way as he charged through the hallways of his aching castle. No one dared to say a word, not even a glimpse was shared. The obscure feeling challenged the King as the shadows of his powerful strides led him to where his father took his dormant.

He was annoyed for what his father had done, and it was even more vexing to him that he took his son as fool. As if he wouldn't find out. He's the King, he knows everything and everyone that passes in and out of his kingdom.

“Ah my son, what did I do to deserve to be graced with your heavily presence? Is your mother near?” Jackson smiled while opening his arms wide and high, waiting for his son to walk towards him to receive such an embrace, but just like he predicted, his son curved around the aging man with a blank expression. Jackson knew his son all too well, and knew exactly why he was giving him that look and why he was receiving the cold shoulder.

Just like his mother.

Jackson sighed and rolled his eyes, “Say it already so I can have my peace about it now.” Jackson dragged on, his voice was knowing and his stance was slanted slightly over his chair. If you were to watch the two interact, you would think that they had switched roles, Jackson was a youthful man while his son was more serious and draining. The brooding young King sat in his glorious chair, with his arms crossed across his strong bust and his thick brow lifted at the sight of his father's appointed look.

“Do you peg me for a stupid man? Father-”

“Before you try to jump my case, hear me out!” Jackson interrupted his son, holding his hand up in surrender, knowing that if he didn't try to justify his actions his son would never want to hear it.

“This was an emergency that I had to take care of, and I needed Christopher to handle it. I made a promise some years ago to a very dear friend of mine, and I am a man of my word. So before you so righteously bite my ass, I need you to understand that-” a loud knock was pounded on the heavy mahogany doors, concluding Jackson words right then and there. The young King narrowed his eyes sharply, already knowing who was behind those doors he granted them in with a deep growl, “Enter.”

Christopher hurriedly opened the double doors expecting to see just his Former Alpha, he was very surprised to see his King. After realizing that he was in the presences of his Alpha he quickly dropped to his knees with his arm across his chest and his head lowered towards the ground.

“ My King-” he announced with the utmost respect, looking up to Jackson, Chris shared some vital news about the girl he had just brought in, “- she is safely placed down corridor and is sound asleep in the West Wing.” as he finished, Jackson glanced at his son's unmoved expression.

“That is good, make sure she is not to be disturb. I will see my way down there after I have a little talk with my son.”  He did not move nor did he change his calming features as he watched his Beta leave out of the room. He only sat there in his big chair, behind his big desk, in his big office. Jackson could tell that whatever his son was thinking it wasn't what he thought to be good, so he swiftly continued on with his explanation as if he was never stopped before.

“She is the daughter of my Former Beta and is my goddaughter. Her grandmother and I had arranged for her to be under my guidance if the lifestyle she was in became too dangerous. I do not know what happened to her or what the circumstances were, all I know is that when she called for her to be picked up, I did so with haste. Thus so, Christopher was the next available source that I could hinder for a few days to bring her here, he was already heading that way, so it was a perfect opportunity-”