Chapter 5

"Well at least it's not infected..." I whisper to myself. Counting slowly down from three, I pinched my index finger and thumb on the piece of cloth I had partially ripped off.

3...

2...

1...

"Ah fuck!" I hissed loudly, biting a hole in my lip to keep the pain from becoming too great. Tossing the dried, bloody bandage on the floor, I grabbed the small bowl of saline-took the cloth and began to wash the wound. The stitches were still closed and intact, but some blood leaked through, and the little petty scratches around the closed gashes were bleeding as well.

Maybe kicking a door open wasn't exactly the best thing to do....

I sighed while looking over my shoulder. Half of the door was completely gone, shattered dark cherry wood splattered over the floor, silver hinges laying right next the dresser...on the other side of the bedroom. Groaning loudly, I spit out the blood from my lip out of my mouth. The coppery taste took its stay on my tongue and in the crooks of my teeth. Taking a deep breath, I quickly wrapped a clean gauze around my calf, hissing a bit as the wound began to sting.

"Jesus! What the fuck happened here?" Sighing I turn around to see Chris, with his mouth wide open and eyes bugged out of his head. Grinning with bloody teeth, I chuckled lowly, "what do you think happened Chrissy boy?" Looking between me and the destroyed door, Chris leaned his head back and groaned loudly.

"It's not that bad," I mumble, turning half my body towards his direction, his mouth hangs open, " Not ba-half the fucking door is missing!"

"The dramatics," I mutter, and he scoffs. "If you knew what happens when he gets piss, then you'll understand why I'm about to shit myself." He groans again while holding up a piece of splintered wood. Running my tongue over the front of my teeth, I spit out some more blood into the bowl.

"He shouldn't be upset at you. I was the one who did it," I shrug. Chris shook his head and sat down right next to me on the bed.

"You don't know him like I do," he urged. I raised my brow and scoffed. I know enough...

"Trust me Chrissy boy," spitting out another round of blood, I groan quietly, "he is nothing to go and shit on yourself about." I chuckle softly while shaking my head. Chris frowned, giving me a look that shouted 'what the fuck is wrong with you'. But then his eyes narrowed and his mouth slightly agape.

"You've met him?"I leaned my head back while closing my eyes then nodded. I did more than just meet him...

"For a King he's kind of a silent buzz kill," looking at his shocked face was a priceless thing to not miss, "is he always like that?" There was a long pause between us until Chris's hearty laugh fills the room hysterically.

"Most times," he chuckled, "he's actually like you a little. Sarcastic and witty but he overall really does not give a shit about anything." That makes sense of why his face is always showing boredom.

"You guys are close?" Chris nodded, rubbing his arm, he smiled at the ground.

"Been best friends since birth," he said softly. As if he was reminiscing a childhood memory, he smiles widely, completely lost in his mind.

"Then why are you afraid of him?" I asked quietly, after yawing;before I said anything it was quiet for several minutes. Chris glanced at me before shrugging his shoulders, "Not afraid but cautious. He's very different from his inner beast. Atlas may seem uncaring,and a bit dickish, but he really isn't. His wolf however...he's a force you do not want to mess with. I've seen it more than I can count and I just rather not fuck with it right now." Surprised, I nodded. Understandable. It isn't rare for a person to be completely different from their wolves, it's more common than anything.