Chapter 2

" Goodbye grandmother...I love you....."

My heart ached. For what seemed like a lifetime, all I did was cry as I walked across the narrow shallow stream, crossing the border of the land I once love, I felt numb in every way possible, and I found a kind of comfort-that I knew it would be dangerous to stay in. But I didn't care at that moment. All I wanted was to go back and beg Magna to take me back. But I knew she wouldn't. I knew she would do anything to make sure I was safe. Even if it cost her life. I sighed pitifully.

" I should have never opened my mouth! I was fine! I could have handle it!" I shouted into the empty forest. Nothing moved, nothing made a sound, not even an echo. All I could hear was the fat raindrops that took no mercy while falling and my heavy breathing. I looked around in sadness as the realization came to me. It had finally happened. The one thing I avoided for nine years.

I was completely alone.

" Oh Magna" I cried out. Swallowing my sorrows, I set my bag down, and cried my way down until my knees fell to the ground. The once warm sweater was now clinging onto my skin, dripping single, cold raindrops into the earth. Everything on me was wet, even my hair. But I didn't care. I didn't even care minutes later when I heard shuffling a distance away. Nor did I care when I saw black combat boots stomp their way in front of me, kicking a little dirt onto my clothes.

" Is this her?" A saucy deep voice ringed through my ears. Whoever it was sounded a little upset.

" Yes, she smells like it." Another one replied. I stayed silent and didn't move. Which seemed to be a problem for them.

" Hey are going to get up?"

I didn't move.

" Hey are you deaf! I said get up!" This time I was poked, hard. Now normally I would have hissed, because he just hit a bruise, but I didn't, because I couldn't feel it. I raised my head up and saw that I was surrounded by three men. Three huge men. Their eyes widen in shock, and two of them took a couple steps back. While the other stayed.

"What the-"

××××××××××××××××

He stood there shocked as well as he was amazed. He wasn't expecting to see what he was seeing now. The girl was kneeling on the muddy ground, crying softly when he first saw her. That's how he was able to find her. He heard her soft cries echo softly with the rain. But now he didn't really know how to react to what he was seeing. She was still kneeling on the ground, with her short black hair dripping from the harsh rain, her clothes were clinging to her small body, and her eyes.He blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't just seeing things.

He wasn't.

Her iris looked like a pit of fire that burned teal blue flames, and the tears that fell from them were silent. Chris could tell she was in no hurry to move, so he took it to himself to help her. They didn't have a lot of time.

" You two grab her things and I'll take her." The order was obeyed by the other two-not like they had a choice anyway. Chris was the Head Beta and was not someone to mess with. He wasn't a weak man and didn't look like one either.

' We have her' he leaned down and picked her up, carrying her like a newlywed. Chris looked down at the broken girl and frowned. He hated to see a woman cry, especially a pretty one. He sighed heavily and wiped the muddy strands of hair out of her face. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth was slightly opened, she looked as though she were asleep, but by how fast her heart was beating, he knew that she wasn't.

' Good. Now bring her home.' Chris nodded as if the one who was commanding him was there. He held the girl tighter as he picked up his speed and ran. It was in no time that he saw the truck and was gently putting the girl in the back seat, tucking a wool blanket around her. He looked at her one last time before closing the back door. He started the car and pressed the gas petal, and accelerated his way out of the forest.