Chapter 4

~A Little of the Past~

"One day honeybee, you will have to lead this pack. Guard and protect your people the way I have all these years, be wise and truthful. Do not let any man or woman tell you otherwise and do not let anyone belittle you. You are strong, stronger than any female wolf in the history of our race, never forget the blessings that God has given you my sweet honeybee." Smiling that pretty white smile he kissed his first only child's small pinky, in hopes that she understood every word he said.

"Yes dadda I will, now can I go play with Uncle Jacky?" She asked, her big brown golden eyes wide and round with innocence. She looked just like her mother. Sweet honey dew brown skin, big brown eyes with long lashes, cute chubby cheeks and a smile that would have your heart melt. She was his baby girl, his heart. He loved her with everything he had and more, she was his world.

"Yes you can but be careful babygirl, don't get your pretty little dress dirty. You know momma will whoop your little tush if she saw that you got another dress dirty!"He warned his jewel. She nodded her head smiling from ear to ear, standing on the tip of her tiny toes she kissed her father on the cheek.

" I will dadda! I'm comin Uncle Jacky ! Hey wait up for me! BYE DADDA!" She waved her chubby hand as she ran towards her Uncle. The little black curly haired boy opened the door for her and helped her get in, smiling he turned around to wave goodbye to his godfather. Nixon raised up his hand and waved goodbye and then blew a kiss to his sweet honeybee.

" Y'all have fun and Jack I want my kid home by 8 o'clock sharp don't let me come find you, and my daughter better come home in one piece!" He yelled. Jack rolled his young eyes and buckled up his sugarplum, turning around he yelled back,

" You really think that I would let anything happen to my favorite niece, come on man have some faith!" Nixon chuckled and shook his head. He waved one last time as they drove out of the parking lot and into the road. He sighed and shook his head, he couldn't believe how much he missed his little girl already.

" Did my baby leave already? She didn't even say goodbye to her own momma." Nixon's smile widen when he saw his beautiful wife come down the stairs, he closed the door quickly and looked at his wife with nothing but admiration. Isabelle frowned when she didn't see her gumdrop come running towards her, she wanted to atleast say goodbye to her baby before she left.

" Jack took her and Derian to the zoo, she's staying the night with them. You know how much she loves to see the lions and tigers." Isabelle nodded, still pouting she sat down on the cushioned love seat. Nixon looked at his wife in worry, his wide smile completely gone.

"Baby what's wrong?" Her lips quivered once and Nixon rushed over to her side, dropping all the groceries to the ground. Grabbing her hand he pushed her head onto his chest just in time for her to burst out in tears.

" M-my baby-" Nixon cooed his small wife and rubbed her back as she continued on to cry. She did this every time Vanessa left the house to go spend a few nights away, he would always have to nurture his wife back to happiness the first few hours of her being gone. It was a familiar routine that rarely happened because he would hardly let his precious little baby girl go anywhere but outside in their backyard, and even then he wouldn't let her go alone. When she did actually leave, his wife would have a crying fit. Sometimes he secretly would too.

" It's okay baby she'll be back, don't cry. Hey, hey look at me...look at me-" she lifted up her head off of his chest and gazed upon his beautiful blues. Her tear streaked face, and sniffles made Nixon's heart skip a beat. She was still so beautiful even when she cried. He leaned down and captured his wife's lush lips, slowly moving her on his lap. Nixon knew that this was one of the ways to brighten up him and his mate's mood, the long soft moan dragging from within his wife proved it.