Chapter 32

<<<JACK'S POV>>>

This seriously isn't happening! I was on a forced march through hell and this shit happens, really?! Why is life so against me at the damn minute?! Manny's words are stuck in my damn head!

"I know that look."

I don't know what love is! The only love I ever knew was my Mom and my sister, my Mom is dead and my sister hated my guts! I don't trust her in all honesty. She just happens to appear out of absolutely no where, how can I just trust her? How do I know that she not secretly working for them?

"Jack--" I cut her off.

"Don't." I reply.

*Arriving at the agency*

I still can't believe all of this, why would Pitch want Emma? I don't understand, this has to be some sort of trap.

"Follow me." I order her.

I walk through the main reception and people are staring at me, like that will ever change. People are chatting as soon as we enter the agency.

"Oh my God, he's back."

"He looks like shit."

"Is it true that he had our scientist shock him?!"

"He better not take my case, I finally managed to get a good one!"

I glare at everyone around and they rush back to their own business. Emma follows me to the lift and we head up to Manny's office. I knock and enter to see North and Manny, Manny begins to act weird.

"Manny, this is an ex-hostage of the Nightmares. Miss. Emma Overland, formally known as--" Manny cut me off.

"Miss. Emma Frost, I know. North has already informed me on Miss. Emma's information," Manny smiles.

I couldn't stay around any longer, first the only family member I had comes back out of the blue and Elsa is still in the hands of Pitch. I walk out and go back to my apartment complex. I sit on my bed and sigh heavily, I pull out my old guitar from Mom. She said it was a gift from her and Dad, I never got to meet him. He was apparently in the war fighting, he had gone on a mission and never came back. Mom always spoke so highly of him, I wish a lot of the time that I got the chance to meet him.

"I miss you, Mom..." I sigh.

My Mom was a huge deal to me as well as my sister. That obviously changed drastically when Pitch killed my Mom and Emma left me because she was ashamed of me for not fucking killing Pitch the bitch. Ha, Pitch the bitch. Elsa's sister is hilarious. I'll need to check up on Hiccup. I call Hiccup more than four times and I get no answer. That's a little weird, I'll try again later. I'm pretty sure it is five in the morning there, oops.

"I hate you!"

I shiver hearing the haunting voice of my little sister shouting that she hates me. It haunts me quite a lot of the time, I'll hear it subconsciously.

"You act bad because you're an idiot."

"Don't make me knock some sense into you, boy!"

"You'll never be the brother I once loved..."

I've heard a lot of shit over the years. I remember when I kept tabs on Emma for about a year just to make sure she was safe, I sent one letter and I can't ever get that one sentence out my head.

"You'll never be the brother I once loved..."

My heart tore and I began with my asshole ways from that point on to anyone and everyone. Then I started feeling weird around Elsa, why? I don't even know the answer to that myself. She's not just this on and off or one time one night stand, she means so much more than that.