Chapter 10

<<<JACK'S POV>>>

"This is going to be an awesome first mission!" Hiccup cheers excitedly.

He's really excited for his first mission! Everyone is dressed for the masquerade ball. Me, Hiccup and Hans are gearing up and we are on our way to Adgar Queen's mansion with Manny accompanying us.

"This is a very serious matter! I don't want any mess ups and I want you all on your best and politest behaviour." Manny demands looking at me specifically.

We reach the mansion and it is rather grand. This looks a little similar to my mansion in the hills. Hiccup whistles and Hans smiles.

"I love this house. This was where Adam first laughed," Hans laughs as he stares at his feet with a smile.

We all give him a sympathetic look and walk up to the door. Manny rings the doorbell and a older woman with spectacles answers.

"Hello, may I help you?" She asks.

"Is this the Queen residence? I'm Manny Moon from DWSA and I urgently need to speak with Adgar." Manny informs.

"Of course! Come in." She urges.

We enter and I smile. It looks like a lovely family home, this is absolutely beautiful!

"I'll just quickly get Mr. Queen," The maid smiles, bowing running off up the white marble staircase.

I observe at the large portrait of a man with strawberry blond hair, I think this is Adgar Queen? Next to him is a woman with brown hair, she looks like royalty.

"That's my wife."

Me, Manny and the other two agents turn our heads. At the top of the marble stairs is the same man from the painting.

"Mr. Queen, it's a pleasure!" Manny smiles.

"Not at all, Mr. Moon. No need for the formalities here! Just call me Adgar," he smiles.

For a snob, he's kind and caring. I know that a large portion of other snobs are very offended being called by their first name, it's pathetic really.

"Okay, Adgar. I see you received my letter?" Manny nods.

"Yes...it was very worrying. I don't know the full extent of what's going on as you said in the letter that you'd explain in person." Adgar says worriedly.

He guides us up the stairs to an office. It was rather exquisite, it had another door which I can only assume is a joining bathroom. We all take a seat.

"Hans?" Adgar asks in shock.

"Hey, Mr. Q..." Hans laughs nervously.

Adgar starts asking him a lot of questions. Hans sighs and rubs his nape, Adgar stopped with his questions.

"I-I...haven't been totally honest with you or my family. I'm a spy at DWSA and...r-remember when Adam..." Hans stops to take deep breaths.

Adgar has a sad look on his face and nods. He must have been really close to his grandson,Hans looks like he has going to burst into tears.

"I-I...I'm an ex-Nightmare and...I began to realised that what I was doing was wrong. I had no family and the Nightmares gave me a family in a way...I got married to Anna and Pitch was getting extremely close to me for some reason. Anyway, Abbie and Adam were born and things were great. I knew that I was risking mine and my family's safety, I had planned to leave the Nightmares for a while after the twins had their second birthday. Adam suddenly got sick and h-he...I noticed the symptoms as a poison that Pitch developed." Hans explains, looking at his feet in despair.