Chapter 8

<<<JACK'S POV>>>

Hiccup decides to stay on with DWSA and he's been non-stop training. His stamina is great but his leg is weighing him down; luckily he'll be getting that leg today! I walk along to advanced tech in building A and pick up the new leg.

"What qualities?" I ask, examining the leg.

"We modified the metal down in science resources to make the metal weightless, the black button on the left side of the knee is tear gas in case of emergencies and the red button under that will release fire from the foot, the red switch you pull down pops out ninja stars and finally at the back of the leg, there is a gun pocket and a knife pocket." The lab technician explains.

"That's pretty badass, might lose my leg and get myself on!" I joke.

I walk off and head for the training room. Hiccup is on the ground re-attaching his old prosthetic leg. I run to him and take the leg away.

"Jack, give me my leg back!" He growls aggressively.

"I'll give you this one," I reply.

He raises his brow and takes the leg, he is shocked when examining it. He then attaches it to his leg and stands up, his breath hitches. He did a back flip and lands perfectly, he stares at the leg and then I hear a sniffle. Is he crying?

"T-Thanks." He sniffles happily.

I pat his shoulder and smile. He takes his old leg and throws it in the trash can, he goes to test out his new leg on the punch bag giving it a powerful kick.

"Yo, Jack! What's with all the buttons?" He asks curiously.

"I had advanced tech add some things onto it. The black button released tear gas from the holes in the leg, the red button will release fire from the hole underneath the foot, you pull down the red switch to give you ninja stars and the back has a pocket for your gun and knife." I explain.

"Wow. This is pretty cool!" Hiccup smiles.

He walks up to the wall and starts running around. I got to admit, he's a really fast runner. He is  laughing as he runs laps around the training room.

"This is awesome!" He laughs excitedly.

He stops running and he looks at dummy in front of him, he pulls the switch down and the ninja stars come flying out.

"This thing stores fifteen of those?!" He gasps in awe.

He collects the ninja stars and slides them back into the pocket of his leg. He then kicks the training dummy with his prosthetic leg and presses the button, the head goes up in flames. Hiccup is panting and smiling.

"This leg is the shit!" He laughs.

"Hey, Hiccup?" I say.

He sits down and nods. Adjusting the legs tightness. Maybe I should apologise for what I did? I mean I bought him here against his will?

"I'm...sorry." I mutter.

"For what?" Hiccup asks.

"Kidnapping you, knocking you the fuck out and threatening you." I reply.

"Meh, I don't care. I've been through worse," He laughs.

I stare him and then I see the look of shock all over his face; he stops laughing all of a sudden. He is now staring into space, what's up with him? I notice the pain and sadness in his eyes.

"Hey, do you want to hit the town with me?" I ask.

Hiccup wakes himself up from staring into space and shrugs his shoulders. He hasn't left the agency in two weeks and I don't want him becoming like me...a loner.