Chapter 28

<<<JACK'S POV>>>

Darkness. I've experienced all sorts of darkness but this time? It's way different, I feel empty and hollow. What's wrong with me?

"Manny? North? Tooth? Bunny? ...Anyone?" I call.

No reply. Then I see a light ahead of me. Not a light from above as people claim there is but a light trapped in a circle ball. I move towards it and gently place my hand on it.

There she is again...Emma. She stands behind fifteen year old me as I hug Mom's body crying my heart out.

"I-I'm sorry, Mom." I sob.

"Is she...?" Emma whispers.

I nod as I sob. I'm covered in blood and I could see my sister had noticed that.

"Did he stab her?" Emma asks petrified.

"No, I stabbed him..." I shiver.

There is something about me as I was so young, rebellious and caring. I wipe my tears away. Then Emma speaks up with a very shocking statement.

"If you'd have just stabbed him or something much worse earlier on in the relationship, Mom wouldn't be lying in your arms dead!"

I turn to her in shock. Her eyes are red and puffy, her nose running and her body shakes with extreme anger.

"I respected Mom's wishes! She said she was happy!" I argue.

"Happy getting slapped by the man whom was so in love with her?! Are you demented?!" Emma screams.

I can't look at her and turn away from her. I stroke my Mom's hair gently, her face pale and eyes closed.

"If you'd have helped her, she'd still be here." Emma spits.

I gasp in shock and fall back. That's how things ended with my sister...? I'm a fucking idiot, maybe...maybe Emma was right? If I had stabbed him or something before that Mom wouldn't be dead. The ball then changes; it is Mom, me and a little bundle in a blanket. My breath hitches and I place my hand back on the ball.

"Jack, isn't she just beautiful?" Mom gasps happily.

In the yellow blanket is a baby with bits of chocolate brown hair on her head. The baby's eyes open reveals big soft chocolate brown eyes.

"What should we name her?" Mom asks me.

"How about Butterfly?" I ask.

"That would make an adorable nickname!" Mom suggests.

"How about Emma?" I ask.

The baby shifts a bit in Mom's arms catching our attention. The baby looks at us with her cute little face.

"Emma! Do you like that name?" Mom coos.

The baby shifts again and yawns. Me and Mom laugh and take the baby's yawn as a yes.

I fall back. What? How could I forget that I named my little sister? The perks of getting your memories altered, not.