Chapter 25

<<<JACK'S POV>>>

"You are mad to employ that fucking thief!" I hiss angrily.

The next part surprises me. Manny slams his fists down on his desk and looks me dead in the eye.

"Stop judging my methods, Jack Frost! I have a lot on my plate and you sure as hell aren't helping! I need all the help that I can possibly get!" Manny shouts.

He sighs and sits back down in his chair. He looks so down and stressed, I couldn't help but feel extremely guilty for being such an ass.

"Sorry, Manny." I mutter.

For the first time in my life I hear another man cry. I'm taken back and shocked when I see Manny crying as if he is a lost puppy with no home. Goddamn it, why don't I ever know what to do in these situations?! I mean I know about the situation with Elsa and I was comforting her but that was different!

"Sorry that I can't comfort you, I'm useless with that stuff." I say awkwardly.

His sobbing continues and his head is flat on his desk as he cries. After a while the sobbing stops and snoring replaces the sorrowful crying. I wheel his chair to the couch and put him on his couch.

"Get some rest, Manny," I mutter quietly.

I cut off all phone and speaker connections to Manny's office and floor. He really does look like shit and by that I mean he looks like he hasn't slept for a century. I guard his office for hours until his door opens and he yawns, rubbing his eyes. Finally, he sees me.

"Jack? What happened?" Manny asks.

"I let you get some rest, you needed it. I'll be heading over to the labs to check out what Elsa has found out about the psycho active nerve agent," I reply.

"Elsa? I didn't know you two were on first name basis?" Manny says with a brow raised, a smirk tugging on his lips.

I raise my brow but shake it off. What the hell does that mean? I leave the building and head to the science labs. I find Elsa working away and our top scientist Eliza Pancakes watching Elsa with admiration.

"Isn't it rude to stare?" I joke.

She jumps out of her thoughts and gulps nervously. People don't usually hear me joke too often so I know why she's like this.

"How has our smart scientist been doing in there?" I ask as I watched her study the containment.

I watch Elsa sigh and bite her lip nervously. What's gotten into her? Should I ask her when she comes out? I start watching as Elsa focused on decoding the nerve agent. She's too focused; I don't understand why she was so persistent to examine this!

"Agent Winter and SWAT fifty-four report to post three-two-three immediately! We have a code red! I repeat, we have a code red!"

"What's going on?!" I exclaim as I ran out to join the SWAT team.

North was the head of the SWAT division today, I could see the fear in his eyes. North is one of the most fearless people I know, it takes a lot to get him to feel fear.

"North, what's happened?" I ask in confusion.

"Agent Fire and his family, there was a shootout at the airport. From what I understand, Mrs. Prince is pregnant and their little girl is sick. There is no word on Agent Fire as he wasn't the one to call; his wife was." North explains worriedly.

Shit, that can't be good! We are speeding our way through traffic; Agent Fire and his family need us! We make it to the airport runway; Mrs. Prince can be seen cradling her daughter in her arms and crying kissing her daughter's forehead. I spot someone sneaking up to her and her daughter that wasn't Agent Fire and I shoot; that person falls to the ground.