Chapter 17

Hope you aren't bored of these because......there are more for my bestie's birthday!! 😁🎊🎉

<<<JACK'S POV>>>

"The death that affected millions: Idun Queen found shot dead and her daughter left traumatised." I read out loud.

She was shot dead and her daughter left traumatised. That must be about Miss. Sass Queen up the stairs. I read through the article and it says that she was the only witness left alive! No one knows who the attack was made by; she's never gave a statement. Why? I get she's been traumatised but this was what, over a decade ago.

"Is this why she is cold as ice sometimes?" I muttered.

"Why the fuck are you looking at that?!"

I turn around in my chair. She stands in the doorway of the library shaking in anger. Maybe I could use her anger against her?

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I ask with a smirk.

"It looks like you're snooping through my fucking private life!" She roars.

I smirk and just as I'm about to say more I notice a red dot on her forehead. I run to her and rugby tackle her to the ground saving her from a bullet to the head. She gasp as she notices what almost happened.

"Go into my room. Get the phone and call the contact that says Manny, tell him we're under attack!" I order.

She is shaking in fear but she nods and runs away up the stairs. One person jumps in and I throttle him and throw him down on the glass coffee table. Another jumps onto my back and knocks me into the wall causing me to hit my head.

"Off with your head!" The guy who knocked me down shouts.

"A punch in yours!" A familiar voice hisses.

"H-Huh?!"

BANG. The guy falls to the floor and Queen stands there holding a frying pan. Seriously?! Well she just saved my ass, she helps me up the stairs and barricades us in her bedroom.

"Why the fuck would you trap us in here?!" I whisper angrily.

"So we don't die, idiot!" She growls.

I put my hand over her mouth. I'm whispering for a reason you crazy bitch! She catches my drift and keeps quiet. I flick the switch under the dresser and the painting flips to reveal guns.

"We both need one. I can still hear them rooting around, we need to stay protected until the agents come." I whisper.

She nods in agreement. I hand her my gun and she refuses it; there's that horror in her eyes again.

"G-Give me a model that isn't a Benelli." She whispers as a tear rolls down her cheek.

I raise my brow in confusion and thought but hand her an SMG gun. Relief washes over her face and then there is a bang at the door. Someone is trying to ram the door down.

"Fuck, where is the SWAT team?!" I growl as quietly as possible.

She has a fearless look on her face but there was also a hint of fear in her eyes as if she is replaying something in her head. Her Mother's death possibly? I never got to read the full article, maybe I will after this?

"Are we going to come in or are you going to come out?!" They laugh.

I signal the window to her and she nods. She starts making a rope ladder with all the things she could find: the bed's quilt, the bed's extra blanket, the bed's linen and clothes in her closet. BANG. I hold the door and she shakes in fear.