Chapter 21

<<<HANS'S POV>>>

She always has to do the puppy dog eyes and I can never say no to her! I don't want to break my baby girl's heart; she's a special little girl and she deserves a better life. I know she suffered after losing her twin...I wish I could reverse time and change it all.

"Hans, honey? Are you okay?" Anna asks worriedly.

I turn to her and smile widely nodding. She leans her head on my shoulder then I lower my head resting my head upon hers.

"D-Do you think s-she been broken about everything that happened?" Anna asks timidly.

I tense up knowing what she means. I wish that Abigail wasn't affected by all this or Adam but...the world is a cruel place a lot of the time.

"She lost her twin. A bond between the two that shouldn't be broken; when one is in pain the other feels it, when one is sad the other will know..." I sigh.

I had a twin too apparently. No idea where he is now though; he was given away as my Mother couldn't afford to keep us both at the time. I know she was torn over the fact she had to give up my brother.

"He was a beautiful boy. You're the youngest twin, he was the eldest."

"What did you name him, Momma?"

"I-I...didn't name him. I didn't want to get attached to the little one and I refused to name him...he had the last name, of course."

I wonder if my twin looks anything like me now? From time to time I've felt a sort of detectable feeling inside of me like a twin bond. Maybe he is on the other side of the world, maybe he lives in a palace, maybe he is a President, a fisherman just something. I don't know...I wish I got the chance to know who my brother was. I would have had a good friend and someone to understand how my daughter felt after her twin was ripped away from her.

"What are you thinking about?" Anna asks.

"Everything. Just thinking about how the world is messed up," I shrug.

I'm always a target in this life for some reason! My twin, my son, the Nightmares, my wife, my daughter, my wife's family, being a spy...I never catch a damn break.

"D-Do you think Adam is smiling down on us...?" Anna asks with a tear falling down her cheek.

"He's our strong little guy, I bet he is." I smile gently.

Adam, I love you. Please give Mommy, Daddy and your twin sister hope for brighter times. Anna then began to breathe heavily, what's up with her lately?

"Anna, what's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

She takes deep breaths and I quickly get up and kneel down in front of her. I look straight into her beautiful eyes with concern.

"Anna?" I repeat.

"Hans...t-there is something I need to tell you." Anna stammers.

My Anna stammering? Please don't be something bad, please don't be something bad...

"Wait...H-Hans? Where's Abigail?!" Anna gasps in shock.

My eyes widen and my heart sinks. Not my daughter too! I jump up and look at the children's playground; she's not here! I begin panting in panic and start running around looking for Abbie; the same with Anna. I hear a rustling in the bush.

"Daddy, I need help!" Abigail cries.

I take out my gun and burst through the bush. Abigail is on her knees holding a little kitten that is bleeding and meowing in pain. I sigh in relief and put my gun away.