Final Hopes (COLLAB)

WARNING: CONTAINS SUICIDE AND OTHER DARK THEMES

Jesse let out a small sigh, gazing out from the edge of the cliff. Just jungle. Jungle for chunks upon chunks. Nothing else. He looked down. He had already been stuck here for a week. With... Jack. They had been separated somewhere in the jungle and haven't found each other since. Supplies were running scarce, and he didn't even have his armor. Jesse looked down at his arm. It was wrapped in a makeshift bandage, dried blood leaking out from it. He didn't know ocelots could even get to seven blocks tall.

Jack, on the other hand, was in a makeshift shelter, high up in the trees. He didn't know if he would see Jesse or anyone again, and honestly, all he really cared about, at this point, was making sure that Nurm was okay. He couldn't bare the thought that something had happened to Nurm, the thought of it made him shudder. But he knew he had to try and search, so he stepped out of his makeshift house, grabbing the few wooden tools he had and climbing down the tree to the ground below. He looked around. No signs of humans...

"Jesse!" He yelled out. "Are you here?!"

"Yeah." Jesse answered back. "Why?"

"I've been looking for you!"

"I was just right here."

"But why didn't you tell me?! You know how worried I can get..."

"I'm not helpless." Jesse retorted, standing up. "I don't need anybody worrying about me."

"But you KNOW that I'll get worried, always. You know how I am, don't you? I always worry about my friends..." Jack seemed to be tearing up a little.

Jesse sighed, crossing his arms, awkwardly because of the wound. "I can handle myself. That ocelot was... Just a surprise."

"Sure... Just, do you have any leads as to where we are, and any way we can get home?"

"No." Jesse bit his lip. There's nothing but jungle here."

"Damn it." Jack sighed. "We need to get back as soon as possible... Who knows what that 'Admin' could be doing... " He sighs and clutched the necklace he always wore. "I'm not letting Nurm die, just like how Vos and Sammy died. I can't lose my last friend. You know that."

"Nobody's dying. We're gonna get out of this jungle, and stop the Admin." Jesse got up, but he stumbled, catching himself on the tree. He winced before standing upright, acting as if nothing had happened.

Jack seemed worried. "Are you okay...? That looked like it hurt."

"I'm fine." Jesse muttered. Let's just... Let's just get a move on."

"Of course... " Jack handed Jesse a wooden sword. "Here, just in case."

"Thanks." Jesse put it into his inventory.

Jack smiled a little. "So, which way do we need to head, do you think?"

Jesse shrugged. "I don't think any way we take would be different at this point."

Jack sighed. "Jesse, that makes you sound like you're losing hope... I guess you wouldn't be the only one."

"I'm not." Jesse snapped suddenly. "Let's... just go."

Without another word, Jesse walked away, pulling out the battered wooden sword.

Jack followed, being a little concerned for Jesse. Jesse didn't say a word to him.

Even as minutes turned into hours as they walked, the landscape didn't change. The hot, humid air that made Jesse feel like he was walking through soup, the leaves above them that shaded the entire floor, the muddy dirt that made walking difficult, and bugs that would not stop trying to bite at Jesse's wounded arm. Still, he didn't stop. There had to be some way out of this jungle.... Right?