The Lost Ones (5)

I stared in disbelief at the limp body on the floor that was apparently Jesse. I couldn't move. I could only stare. I had this empty feeling inside of me, as if something was tearing apart anything that I felt or thought of.

A question came to my mind. Did I kill him?

I cautiously went over to him. He was breathing, and I felt relief wash over me. The feeling disappeared when I nudged him with my foot and he didn't move. I crouched over my friend and turned him over onto his back, careful not to crush the wings while doing so. A part of his hair was slightly crusted with blood. Holding my breath, I parted his hair where the blood was coming from and saw a fairly large gash on his head. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck raise. He could have a concussion. Or brain damage. Or slip into a coma. Or-

"What's going on in here?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around. Petra was standing in the doorway in a loose tank top and sweatpants. Her eyes moved from me to Jesse and he let out a gasp, her eyes widening.

"Who is that!? What is that!?" she exclaimed.

"I-I think it's Jesse." I breathed.

"Is he dead?" Petra's voice was lined with panic.

"N-no. He's breathing. But his head's bleeding." I answered.

The redhead quickly moved over to Jesse, examining the wound before looking at his whole body.

"Oh Notch," Petra muttered. "They got him too."

I only just now thought about it. I didn't know why Olivia, Ivor and I were kept together while Jesse was somewhere else. But they changed him too. And by the looks of it, turning him into some Ender Dragon hybrid.

"These arrowheads look old," Petra commented. She pulled one of them out, and Jesse's body twitched slightly."

"We need to get to Ivor... And fast." I told her.

"I'm gonna carry Jesse over there. You wake up the others." Petra said.

"Aren't you going to need help?" I asked her.

"Jesse's not that big," she answered.

I let out a sigh and got up. I ran down the hallway and opened Axel's room's door and burst in, nearly slipping on the pure emerald floor.

"Jesse's here!" I yelled at Axel, who has fast asleep on the bed.

"What...?" he asked sleepily, looking up at me. "Lukas, why are you a cat...?"

"Jesse's here and he's some dragon hybrid and his head is injured!" I told him frantically.

"What!?" That snapped Axel awake. He threw off the covers revealing he was still fully clothed and stood up. "What do you want me to do?"

"Get the YouTubers awake," I answered. "I'll get Olivia. Petra's taking Jesse to Ivor's right now."

"Alright." he nodded, before barging past me through the door.

I sprinted to Olivia's room- at the very end of the hallway. I could run a lot faster now- a perk of being an ocelot, I guess.

I opened Olivia's door quickly and spouted the same story that I told Axel. She was up immediately in a long red nightgown, her hair frizzy.

"Jesse? Actually here? As a dragon!?" She gasped.

"A hybrid. Like you and me." I told her quickly. 'Come on, I already alerted everyone else, let's get to Ivor's now."

I could feel the adrenaline surge through my veins as I ran for Ivor's house. I sped ahead way past Olivia and even the YouTubers and Axel, only noticing when I skidded to a stop right in from of the alchemist's house. Ivor had since added to it, so now at the back of the original skull house was a large building with a ditch going around it. I think that Petra and/or Axel added the ditch during the days we were captured, because I could still see the shovel marks.

I quickly got up to the door and knocked. Within a moment, Petra opened the door.

"Where are the others?" she asked.

"They're coming. I ran past them." I answered her.

"Weren't you one of the last ones to get moving?"

"Yeah. I think it has to do with being a cat."

I walked past Petra into the building. Inside was a dimly lit room with shelves going all around, with potions or potion ingredients covering them. There was a desk with a couple books and quills on them and a bed in the corner of the room, holding Jesse. His head was bandaged, and several arrowheads that were pulled out of his body were lying on the side of the bed. Ivor was sitting on a stool over him, staring intently.

"I was totally wrong about him not being that big." Petra told me. "I think he's even taller than Axel!"

"In his dreams!" I said, trying to lighten the mood up a bit.

Petra shrugged. "Well, I guess his dreams came true then. Seriously, I had to literally drag him all the way here."

"So... is he okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." Petra said, looking over at the bed. "Ivor said he'd be fine, and that there's only a cut on his head, no concussions or anything."

I sighed with relief. At least I knew I didn't cause Jesse any serious damage.

Axel walked in alone with the Power of Three Olivia came in a moment later.

"Is he okay!?" Axel asked.

"Yeah." I told them.

Olivia sighed with relief.

"Now that I think about it," Petra said. "Why did he come in through the storage room?"

"Oh yeah," I said. I only thought about it until now. And why did Jesse fight back when I jumped at him? It couldn't just be because the lights were off. "He attacked me when I tried to fight him."

"Weird." Axel said.

"I remember researching the Ender Dragon," Dan said. "

"He's waking!" Ivor hissed from the bed.

Everyone instantly crowded around the bed. Jesse was stirring, and his eyes opened to reveal one of them was a bright purple. He sat up, and once he saw us, he snapped awake. He scrambled against the wall.

"W-what the heck!?" he stuttered.

"Glad to see you're awake, Jesse." Petra said.

There was a moment of silence before he asked, "Who's... Jesse?"