Son of the End (8)

Horrible pain was the first thing I felt when I woke up.

Also I remembered the pitch black spreading, it surprised me because I felt it on my entire body. I could barely move my bad arm before, and now I just felt like I've been hit with Potions of Nausea, Poison and Harming all at the same time. My ears were ringing, but I could still hear voices around me.

"But what happened to him!?"

"Dude, I don't know! He walked up to one of those carving things and the black- th-the black..."

"Care to shed a little more light on this, toothpaste boy, before I slice you in half!?"

"You need to take a chill pill, dude! I don't know why, but both Ja-Jesse, and me, have had this pitch black patch on us, a-and it kept on spreading, stress causes it to spread faster, b-but the black on him was spreading faster."

"But that makes no sense, I've never heard of something like that before."

"I've been studying Enders all my life, Louie, and not once have I seen this before!"

"Why can't I attack him already!?"

"Petra, we're supposed to be a team of heroes, not a team of lunatics."

I could have sworn my heart skipped a beat. Petra and Lukas were here!? Mustering up all of my strength, I lifted myself up off of the ground and onto my knees, clutching my head with one hand. I felt something dig into my skin, but I didn't care at the moment.

"It's awake!" that was definitely Petra's voice, and I heard the sound of her pulling out her sword. What was she doing.

I opened my eyes, and I nearly had to shut them again because of the brightness. It was like I was affected by a Potion of Night Vision, but much more blinding, if that's possible. Petra, Lukas and Crest were all staring at me. Both Petra and Lukas had looks of shock on their faces, which I didn't understand, but Crest looked like he had just seen something cooler than llamas. Petra was in a fighting position, and Lukas was backing up.

I has several questions. One, how were Petra and Lukas here? Two, why did Petra look like she wanted to kill me, and three, why the Nether did I feel taller!?

"Uhhh.... Hi!" Crest raised his arm in greeting as if talking to someone who spoke a different language. "Uhh... can you understand me?"

Okay, I was sure Crest had officially lost it. Most definitely. I felt something trickle down my fingers, and I brought my hand up to look.

If I wasn't awake before, I was definitely awake now.

The liquid was blood. But that wasn't what surprised me. My hand wasn't actually a hand anymore... instead of fingers, there were three grayish claws, curved and sharp. I let out a yelp, which sounded a lot more like a roar, scrambling back. I lifted both "hands" in front of my face. They were both the same. I looked down at myself, and my eyes widened more than they were before.

My whole entire body was a very dark grey, just like an Enderman's, with purple particles emitting at several places. My feet had the same claws, and my legs were a lot longer and skinnier, and didn't even look human. At my sides that were dragged back when I backed up were two huge black feathered wings with dark purple splotches at places. My breathing quickened, and I sore you could hear my heartbeat from the Far Lands. I heard Petra put her sword away.

"...Jesse? Is that you?" she took a step forward. Okay, that was a great change from a few seconds ago, but Lukas was halfway across the room. I just stared at her, barely breathing. She walked towards me until she was about three feet away. Crest, in the background, just looked like he was really enjoying this. I could possibly take half the blame off him, seeing a tall-as-all-Nether Enderman right in front of you who has freaking WINGS may be cool to some people, but most definitely not to me.

In no time, Petra literally tackled me, pulling me into a bear hug.

"Don't ever scare me like that again, nuthead." I heard her mutter.

Despite the entire situation I was in, I hugged her back. I was just glad to see her and Lukas, and maybe we could all find a way back home together. I heard Lukas' footsteps draw near as he walked back.

"This is the weirdest day of my life." he breathed.

Crest shrugged. "I've had weirder. Oh yeah, since I assume you guys know Jack here's the son of that Einde dude..."

Lukas inhaled. "He is?"

Petra broke away from the hug, but still remained beside me. "Why does that not surprise me?"

Crest shrugged. "Maybe because there's been prophecies about 'the end of the End' and stuff like that? Anyways, I'm the son of the First Enderman, Eerste, he's a direct son of Einde."

...Why didn't I like where this is going?

"So if Jesse's Einde's son, and so is Eerste, that means that they're half-brothers. So that makes Jesse...."

I held my breath. I knew where this was going.

"My half-uncle!" Crest yelled out.

Everyone, including me, stared at him. I was NOT going to consider him my nephew anytime soon, and anyone could bet all their limbs on that.

"Well, thanks for that information. Now I can no longer see Jesse the same way again, him being that didn't cut it, but that sure did."

Petra changed the subject. "How about we find a way out of this tower first?"

"Yes, please."

"But this place is so cool- nevermind." Crest cut himself off, remembering what happened literally a few minutes ago.

Petra got up from her spot, and I tried to do the same, but I fell onto my rear immediately. The combination of giant heavy wings on my back and weird legs and even a tail I just realized i had would probably make it impossible for me to walk for a while.

And so Petra had attempted to help me at least stand, and most of the attempts failed, the others had me on the ground after five seconds. After several attempts, I got up against the fall and lifted myself to my feet, using the wall to support my weight.

"Woah... that's... really tall." Lukas commented. I looked down at them, and I realized Lukas was correct. I was three times taller than Crest, and he was the tallest one here, if not four. My legs were trembling, and I had to latch onto the wall to keep myself up.

After a moment, I let go, and immediately stumbled back from the weight of the wings, nearly losing my balance again, but still managing to stay up. I locked my muscles, trying to stay still without staying. The, I tried to walk. I made it at least five steps before falling face-first.

"Okay, this may take a lot more time than I thought." Petra sighed.