Son of the End (14)

I see the one you mean, the half-blood.

Yes. It is trapped between the Overworld and the End. It is asleep, yet awake. Alive, yet dead.

I like this one. It has done something that no other living being has done before.

It is hearing our thoughts, mind your mouth.

It does not matter at the moment. It has defeated the undefeatable, has it not?

It has. Yet the only reward is the memory.

That is true, Notch. Yet it will be able to use this reward well. It can use its memories of its victory to grow stronger.

That is true. I am glad that despite its origin, it has chosen to support the world, keep her and her inhabitants alive.

That is true. But, how did the story begin again?

Oh yes. My favorite story. Where there was no line between good and bad. I want to start this time.

Once upon a time, there was you and me. Or, Notch and Herobrine. Together, we created what the humans call the universe.

We created the Overworld and the Nether. We created animals, plants, ores, and everything in between.

We created humans. Weak, yet intelligent. Coming in all shapes and sizes. They could do good, or bad. Create, or destroy.

But one day, the humans started destroying the beautiful land we created, tearing it down tree by tree, and animal by animal.

I told you that something should be done. I told you that we should create something that would keep humans in check. Things that would keep them from tearing the world apart.

Mobs. I decided that Mobs would be the right thing to put humans in line. But, I made a mistake. I decided to have a little "help".

You created a monster to help you. Einde, you named it. You thought that it would be wise to have two minds working instead of one.

I still regret creating him. He has caused us and our creations much grief.

Do not be sorry, brother You thought it was for the best. Now, carry on.

I was the one to create almost all of the mobs. Creepers, Zombies, Skeletons, the like. Einde made one mob and only one mob: Endermen.

Both of us grew annoyed with him. He was not helping.

I kept urging him to make more, and not waste his energy on just one thing. But, he still added to them. Intelligence. Power. Dominance. I panicked. The Endermen were going to be too much for the humans. They would wipe them out.

Yet you were too afraid to tell me.

I was. I tried to wipe out the Endermen, but Einde had stopped me. He trapped me in the Nether, telling me I was a nuisance to his perfect creations.

I looked for you. Among the humans, in the Far Lands, in every cave and on every mountain. I could not find you. Yet, I noticed the winged monsters terrorizing the humans, killing them, torturing them.

Einde confronted you as soon as you tried to stop them. There was a battle. But, you alone against the reckless monster and his army was almost a suicide mission.

I found you. You were horribly weakened, but I healed you. Together, we prepared to fight against Einde.

We created something in contrast to Einde's "Endermen". We called them Aethermen. Strong and intelligent, with a fighting spirit. We sent them against the Endermen while we fought against Einde.

It was a battle for the ages, and a bloody one. Thousands upon thousands of humans, Endermen and Aethermen perished. The battle lasted years, before we decided we had enough.

We sealed him away in a new world I created, the End. There, he was weakened and was unable to escape permanently. He was only able to come into the Overworld for a short period of time. He hibernated several times. Each time he woke up, he went to the Overworld and had a child with a human. A Demigod. He had the intention that his son, Eerste, would use their power to bring him back to his full power and free him. But each time it failed. Demigods went mad in the form of an Endermen, starved to death in the End, or just gave up. It was hopeless to Einde. Eerste went to the Overworld once. There he had a child. A son, who his mother named Crest.

At the same time, Einde went to the Overworld and has a child as well. His name was Jesse. Jesse was a rather quiet child, but strong-willed and a natural leader. As he grew up, he had no idea of who he was, and he didn't need to. At the age of eighteen, he became a hero, along with his friends, for slaying a terrible beat called the Wither Storm, which destroyed everything around it. Jesse and his friends went on many adventures.

Together, Einde and Eerste created a prophecy. Jesse would come to the True End, and Crest would be there beforehand. Crest would keep Jesse alive, so that the Prophecy would be held together.

Mitera, Einde's daughter was furious with her father. Einde had used her to build his army in old times. Mitera had helped her half-brother defeat their father.

And Jesse is right here.

Yes. He had brought an end to our story. But what of the Aethermen? The Aethermen lost their intelligence over time, and started to attack the humans. We sealed them away to a different world. We do not intend to let them out any time in the near future.

Jesse, we are grateful. Yet, we ask of you one thing.

To never forget this story. Even if the sky falls, hold on to this tale as old as time.

You are a very special being, Jesse. We will expect even more feats from you.

Now...

Wake up.