Son of the End (5)

"Jack, do you know what's cool?"

"It's Jesse, and I don't know."

"Llamas. Seriously dude, they're so amazing! They fight against rabid wolves and stuff!"

Crest was pretty annoying at times, but hey, hearing him is definitely a lot better than spending eternity alone in a world filled with Endermen. And now, I learned that the guy thinks anything really tall or covered in fur is cool.

We had been taking a walk, but Crest had somehow lost the cave's location, and we were trying to find it again. So far, there was no luck. Even with half-broken chorus plants within at least 200 blocks of the base. I guess Crest wasn't very good at directions.

"Well, we can just make another cave, right?" Crest asked.

"Well, you left the majority of your stuff there." I replied.

"WOAH, LOOK AT THAT ENDERMAN!" he suddenly yelled. I looked up, seeing the usual incredibly tall, non-violent Endermen.

"Dude, what's so special about these-"

Crest cut me off. "Not those ones, that one!" He pointyed towards another Enderman- At first I thought he was joking, but it was incredibly different from the others.

It was much taller than the other ones here- and those were already incredibly tall. Its claws were longer, with a bright purple tinge at the tips. Its mouth was lined with jagged teeth. What threw me off were its eyes. They weren't purple, but a bright, venomous green. It's turned towards me, eyes narrowing, as if judging me. It turned and walked away.

"Okay, what was that?" I muttered.

"Don't know, dude." Crest replied.

There was a moment of silence before Crest exclaimed,

"But it looked really cool!"

I let out a heavy sigh. "C'mon, let's keep going."

And so we kept walking.

As we went on, I started to see more and more green-eyed Endermen. There were such things as Enders with green eyes!? The more you know, I guess. Every green-eyed Ender I passed seemed to give me a glare of disapproval or hatred. I just hoped they didn't attack. I looked at Crest after a while, and it looked like he was in his own world, staring wide-eyed at every green-eyed Enderman. All of this still unsettled me. Apparently I was a monster prince who has an Enderman as a dad, and I had to fight that. I was nowhere near mentally prepared for this.

After a while, I stopped, staring at what was right in front of me.

"Dude, why are we-" Crest cut himself off when he laid eyes- or eye, on what was in front of us.

It was a tower. Or a castle? I couldn't really tell. It was tall, really tall. I estimated it to be at the very least five hundred blocks tall. Nether, I couldn't even see the top! It was made out of some strange purple stone and... End stone bricks? I couldn't really tell. I could barely see bridges connecting to small floating tower-buildings high above. Not to mention, there were tons of green-eyes Endermen here.

"What... is that?" I breathed.

"I don't know..." Crest replied. 'But..."

"WE NEED TO TAKE A LOOK INSIDE!" he yelled excitedly.

I gave him a look. Okay, despite being a person who literally almost gets killed in temples all the time, going in a building in this place did NOT seem like a good idea. Especially with these weird-eyed Endermen walking around.

Before I could protest, Crest ran inside.

"HEY, WAIT!" I yelled, running after him. Was this guy crazy!?

Crest was pretty fast. I mean, sure, he was tall and lanky, but this was one of the fastest running people I've ever seen. Well, except for the majority of my team. He was already inside when I was still about 50 blocks away from the building.

"Crest..." I panted, walking inside when I finally got there. "You don't just-"

I paused as I looked up, and my eyes widened. Crest was fighting against something, but I didn't know what. He had an enchanted iron pickaxe had up in front of him, facing a block. And I thought this guy had already lost his mind!

He turned around, his green eye widened with panic. "Dude, help me here!"

I was about to say "With what!?" when the block he had been staring at opened. Something was inside of it, but I couldn't see what. Before I could think, a large, glowing purple thing shoot from the block. Crest screamed and ran from it- but followed him. Turning around, he hit it with his pickaxe, sending it right at me at a million miles per hour. I dodged just in time, and I heard a large cracking sound behind me.

"Dude, are you crazy!?" I yelled at him.

"Yes!" he replied. "I am!"

The block monster shot another bullet at crest. He was too late to hit it back. I saw an explosion- but instead of flinging into the nearest wall, he started floating upward. He yelped, flailing in mid air.

The thing shot another bullet at him. As fast as sound, I ran and lept. At the last second, using my enchanted diamond sword, I hit it right back at the monster. Going at the speed of light, the bullet hit it with a large cloud of purple. When it disappeared, block it had been in was gone.

I took a deep breath. Never in my entire crazy life had I seen a mob that was inside a block that shot out giant bullets that made you float! I heard a thump behind me. I turned around to see Crest flat on the ground, breathing heavily.

"D-dude..." he breathed. "That was awesome..."

For some reason, I couldn't stay mad at him, as mucha s I wanted to. There was something about his enthusiasm about everything and his vocabulary.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, Jack." he replied, sitting up. "What was that thing anyways?"

"It was a block monster that tried to kill us with floaty bombs." I replied, half-jokingly.

Crest jumped to his feet. "I'm gonna call them Shulkers!"

I raised an eyebrow. "And Shulker is supposed to mean...?"

"I don't know. C'mon, let's go!"

He turned towards where the door was, and so did I.

The door was gone.

Crest looked at me. "Can we take a look around now?"

I sighed. "Yes."