Aetherman (13)

Heh sorry this ended up being 7 pages long in docs XD

"You said Eerste has one of the shards?" Crest asked me.

I nodded. We were in a cave, taking shelter from a storm. Petra and Axel made a fire before starting to argue about something, while Olivia started heating up some leftover food, and Jesse was cowering in the back of the cave at the sound of thunder with Ivor yelling at him about it. Just another normal journey with the New Order of the Stone (plus Crest).

"So... I guess we'll have to fight that dude to get that last shard." Crest stretched out against the wall. I breathed. I knew Eerste was going to be a hard fight, especially if the only people who had any experience with him either couldn't fight or was injured.

"You still feel guilty, don't you? About Jack nearly dying?" Crest asked casually.

That made me jump. I didn't remember me or anyone else telling him that Jesse and I fell off a cliff and nearly died in the process!

"Umm... Yeah." I bit my lip. "How did you find that out?"

"I have my ways." Crest sounded as if that was a normal thing. I inched away from him.

I took out the relic and inspected it. It was long, longer than my arm span, which made me think it would be a bow. Or a staff. I'd like a bow better. It was glowing faintly. I could hear a boom of thunder from outside, and the rain became heavier. We were going to be stuck in here for a while.

"The meat's finished." Olivia announced. I looked up to nearly get hit in the face by a cooked fish.

"Seriously?" I turned to Petra with a glare, since I knew she would be the only person (besides Axel) to do that.

"You need to keep your guard up." she shrugged.

"We should think of a plan after we're done eating." Axel stated in between mouthfuls of meat. Probably one of the first things useful he said all day.

"Yeah." Olivia agreed. "We want all those shards right?" She picked a fish off of the stake (yes, we do use stakes sometimes to cook) and took a bite. I moved over to the fire and took a piece of rabbit that Axel was about to grab. I sat back down where Jesse and Ivor were and forced myself to eat the food. I wasn't very hungry, but I would worry my friends if I didn't eat.

"I say we attack Eerste and get those shards." Petra spoke up after a while of silence.

Jesse shot up immediately. "You're going up against a god."

"You went up against two." Petra shot back. She looked annoyed.

"With some help!" Jesse growled. "And I was a lot more capable at that time! And even then I nearly died."

Olivia took Petra's side. "I'll have to agree with Petra, Jesse. We all want Lukas back to normal, right? We'll have to fight him sooner or later."

"We can kill him and get it over with." Axel agreed.

Jesse didn't look too happy to see half of his friends are opposing him. "You're putting a sword to Notch's neck."

"He's weaker now, right?" Olivia questioned.

"Still!" Jesse said.

"I do not think it would be best to go after Eerste at this time," Ivor spoke up, siding with Jesse. "We just suffered the loss of an Order member- it wouldn't be wise to fight right now."

"Thank you." Jesse growled.

"I agree with Ivor," I said.

"You're not going to come." Petra told me. "Jesse isn't either."