Son of the End (15)- FINALE

"Jesse?"

"Duuuude, what happened to his eye!?"

"That must've been a pretty hard fight..."

"C'mon, Jesse, wake up!"

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder hard. I let out a groan. My entire body was aching from the fight with Einde. My vision was blurred when I opened my eyes, and I had to blink a few times to see clearly. Ignoring the pain, I sat up, clutching my hand with one hand and supporting myself with the other. I looked around to see we were back in the doorless room of the sand temple, but this time it had a door.

"Jesse, are you okay?" I heard Petra's voice ask.

"Dude, look down." Crest said, his voice filled with enthusiasm.

Without saying anything, I obeyed. What saw made me gasp, but not in a bad way. Instead on the lanky black feathered body I had been stuck with, there was the familiar armor, no black patch included. I was a human again.

"Holy crap." was all I managed to say. Suddenly, I felt Petra's arms wrap around me tightly in a hug.

"Don't EVER leave us to fight a powerful god again." she growled.

"Hey, it's not like I was going to die or anything." I murmured, hugging her back. You'd have no idea how great it felt to finally be able to talk physically again after having to talk with your mind for a while.

"Jack, dude, what in the world happened to your eye?" Crest asked me.

I felt the scar. It didn't hurt, but I could tell it left a nasty mark. "Einde happened."

"Jesse." Lukas stepped forward, a solemn expression on his face. "I never got to thank you for saving me back there. So... thanks."

I smirked. "Hey, I'd break my spine to keep you from dying any day."

A snicker came from Crest. I also realized the black patch was gone from Crest's skin, and he was moving his left hand freely now.

Petra smiled. "So... are we ready to get back to the rest of the Order, or what?"

"Definitely." Lukas said. "I'm glad we're finally out of that place. Besides, the others must be worried sick after we disappeared."

Crest suddenly got excited. "Ooh, can I meet the rest of the NOOTS?"

Petra shrugged. "Well, you technically helped with us indirectly, so I guess?"

"YES!" Crest jumped into the air excitedly. I smiled.

"Can we get out yet?" Lukas asked.

"Let's go," I said. "I wanna see the sky again."

And so we went. Petra led the way, since she somehow knew the way out of this place. As we were going, she told me that she knew the way because she has been searching the tunnels for me with the others and mapping it out. When we finally got out, I breathed in the fresh air. It was night out, and I could smell the scent of water, meaning it was raining in other biomes. Then, I noticed now warm I felt. I didn't feel cold like I did in the True End, and I was glad. Crest seemed to be even more excited. We ran around observing everything, as if it was the first time he saw a desert.

It took us three whole days to get back to the Order's temple. We didn't sleep much, but we usually went to bed at 5:00 am and woke up at 2:00 pm. Lukas was right, our sleep schedules were definitely ruined. As we traveled, I couldn't help but admire the scenery of the different biomes. Before I took it for granted, but now after I spent so long in the True End, I realized that I could have actually been lucky I wasn't raised in the End, and never have gotten to grow up in such an amazing world.