Son of the End (7)

"Okay, does everyone have Potions of Water Breathing?" Olivia asked us.

We all nodded, a few of us muttering "yes" or "yeah".

"Boots with Depth Strider?"

Again, we nodded. We were in Soren's lab, in front of the End Portal. We were preparing to head in, after hearing that Jesse just might be in the End. I even had a few Ender Pearls onme, just in case. We were pretty much ready.

"Let's just get in the portal and find that shortie already." Em grunted, crossing her arms.

"We're preparing, because last time we were there, the whole place was completely flooded." I reminded her.

"Well, we have everything, right?" Em climbed up the steps, looming over the portal. "So let's just go already."

With that she jumped into the portal. Petra gave a sigh of frustration, then climbed up the steps and jumped in herself. Everyone jumped in until only Olivia and I remained,

"You okay, Lukas?" Olivia asked me, giving me a worried look.

"Yeah," I sighed. "It's just that... what if Jesse's dead? Then what'll we do?"

Olivia narrowed her eyes. 'That might be true, but we still have to try to look for him."

I didn't reply.

"Besides, Petra would make a pretty rough leader." she half-joked.

"Yeah..." I replied, looking up at the portal. "I think we should head in now."

Olivia nodded. "Right."

I let her jump into the portal first, before jumping in myself.

The time between going into the portal and ending up in the end was as disorienting as always. In a moment, I was standing right next to Olivia waist deep in water. I guess we didn't need the potions after all.

Everyone else was turned towards the edge on the giant floating island.

"What are you..." I started while wading towards them, before looking where they were facing. I understood why they were so interested.

There was some small structure made of bedrock floating in the air. Between the blocks was one of the most confusing blocks I have ever seen. It was like i was looking at a million stars in the sky, all crammed into a single block.

"Amazing!" Ivor yelled out with delight. "I have read about these!"

"If you know what they are, then tell us!" Petra growled.

"According to my sources, they are the portals to 'The True End!'"

I heard a few gasps. I narrowed my eyes. That may be one of the most convenient things in the world, but I had my doubts. We barely knew anything about the True End, and these things could be a trap!

"Why do those things give me a bad feeling?" I heard Olivia say.

"We must go up at once!" Ivor yelled out loud. He pulled out a cobblestone block that he got from who-knows-where, and started building towards it. Axel gave a shrug, looking at us. I kept my eyes on Ivor. In no time he was at the top, and he even built a platform around it. I was pretty fine with it, until he pulled out a lava bucket and let it run down the side of the platform away from us. Petra gave a facepalm, and Axel started to climb up the cobblestone stairs followed by Em and Olivia. I went after them.

By the time we were at the top, I heard the sound of the lava making contact with the water below, forming stone.

"So... how do we get to the End place?" Axel asked. I had the same question.