Son of the End (1)

"TAKE THIS, ZOMBIE!" Petra yelled, charging across the scene of a mob-infested desert. I took a quick glance at my friend before I quickly slices two zombies with ease. Olivia was standing on top of a pole of dirt she made, sniping mobs from above, along with Lukas. Axel was taking out mobs with his bear fists. Suddenly, a spider jumped out of nowhere, pinning my to the ground. Grunting, I threw it off, and within and instant, it was slain by Petra. I pulled myself to my feet.

"You okay, Jesse?" She asked.

I nodded. "I feel great."

The New Order of the Stone and I were raiding a desert temple a good fifty miles away from the New Order's town. Usually we wouldn't take on a temple that far from home in case some citizens needed us, but with Em and Ivor holding down the fort, we were able to. Once all the mobs were gone, we started discussing tactics for inside the temple.

"We should just head right inside, ready to face whatever dangers beholds!" Axel announced.

Olivia shook her head. "No Axel, that might get us killed, we don't know if there's a bunch of mobs or deadly traps or anything in this temple."

"C'mon, we faced worse!" Axel frowned.

I exhaled. "Let's keep it together, guys."

"Why can't we just go in?" Petra asked me.

"Remember that other desert temple we went to?" Lukas replied.

I winced at that. When we came out of that one, we all looked like pin cushions, arrows sticking out of our armor everywhere. The last thing I wanted was a repeat of that. And definitely not Ivor literally having to pull arrows from my rear.

"I'll scout out the temple to see if there's any danger." I announced to my team. They all quietly agreed.

"Great," I said. "Stay here while I'm gone."

I quietly inches my way around the temple, in search of any traps or mobs. Surprisingly, there were none around, save for a stay spider. I killed that easily with my enchanted diamond sword. When I was about three quarters around the thing, I noticed something. I looked down. My feet were being sunk into the sand. I let out a cry of surprise, and fear. In no time at all. I couldn't breath. I tried to call out for my friends, but Sand just filled my mouth. I felt like I was being crushed. Suddenly, it all stopped. I was spit out, falling about 20 feet onto hard sandstone with a loud thump. I got the wind knocked out of me, rendering me unable to inhale for a few seconds. I spit out the sand. After recovering, I stood up, looking around the room.

It looks like a generic room you'd find in any other sand temple- except for the carvings. They were everywhere. With my beaten legs, I trudged over to a carving on the closest wall to me. It looked like a weird Enderman with things jutting out of its back, with a large building behind it. It was pretty hard to discern. I somehow decided it'd be a great idea to touch it, so I did. That's when things started to get creepy. A strange, dark place flashed before my eyes. It looked like the End- but it wasn't the same. There were taller, paler Endermen roaming around. There were smaller floating islands off the edge of the larger one I was standing on. And was I... taller? I tried to look down at myself, but I felt a sharp pain. It was almost unbearable. Suddenly, I was back in the desert temple room. I fell back, scrambling away from the carving, breathing heavily.

That's definitely what I needed. Being alone in an underground desert temple room, having crazy visions of some weird Ender place. I stood back up, trying my best to calm myself. There were no doors out in the room. I spotted some writing I couldn't make out on the other side of the room. I wanted to get as far away from the writing as possible, but I found myself walking towards it. I told my body to get away from it- it just wouldn't listen. I kept on walking towards the writing. Upon inspection, I realized it was not English, or even the galactic alphabet for that matter. It was some other language, probably ancient, that I couldn't read. Or that's what I thought. Somehow, the strange symbols formed into English I could read perfectly.

On the day of summer solstice, the son of the End shall return.

Jesse, son of Einde, shall return to his home land.

I took a step back. What was this writing saying!? Who's Einde!? That's when my eyes widened. Today, June 20, was the summer solstice. And what did it mean my homeland!? This old writing was addressing me! But why!?

I heard a loud crack, as if the world had been split in half, behind me. I turned around. Right before me, was an End portal. Not a normal End portal, it stood upright like a Nether Portal, but it was made out of Endstone. I tried to step away from it- I couldn't. I tried to run. My body wouldn't let me. I tried to call out for help. For Petra, for Lukas, for Axel, for Olivia- someone- anyone. I couldn't make a sound.

Without me telling it to, my body on its own walked towards the portal. I tried to pull back again, but it was no use. I entered the portal.

Everything was dark. I didn't feel anything, didn't hear anything, I couldn't think clearly.

I landed face-first on what I made out was end stone. There was a burning pain in my arm, slowly spreading up my shoulder. I tried to move it, which just made it hurt more. With my good arm, I got up on my knees, taking a look at my surroundings.

It was the same place that I had seen in that vision. Giant End Stone islands, with strange, tall, purple, skinny plants everywhere. The sky was a purple static. It was all dark, yet I could see everything perfectly. A few small floating islands of end stone were levitating off the edges of the one I was on. I felt freezing cold, but I wasn't shivering. That's when I noticed the Endermen. They were everywhere. They were taller than the normal ones, maybe three feet taller, with more particles flying off them. Their eyes were brighter, emitting a faint light. One looked right at me, and I looked at it. I froze up. It walked towards me and dent down, its face inches away from mine. It sniffed.

Then it walked away. I exhaled, my heart beating at the speed of light. Why didn't that Enderman kill me!? I looked down at my burning arm. There was pitch black slowly spreading across it. Letting out a scream that should've made every Enderman in the area attack me, jumping back and falling onto my side. Why was my arm black!?

Then my thoughts went back to the writing I saw.

"the son of the End shall return."

I felt like my soul just got ripped in half.

Was I... an Enderman?