The Lost Ones (4)

HEY GUYS LOOKIE HERE IM CONTINUING SOMETHING I WAS TOO LAZY TO CONTINUE A WHILE AGO

anyways enjoy

"Here we are, back home." Petra announced as I set my sights on the temple.

It felt strangely eeries in the New Order's city. Barely anyone was left, and the ones who were left were either living in our temple or hiding out somewhere in the city. The few people who saw ud looked pretty scared- probably from me and Olivia.

"Come inside." Petra herded us past the new walls that surrounded the temple.

"Hey Lukas, do you have claws?" Axel asked me all of a sudden.

"Why...?" I asked him back.

"Well, since you're, like, a cat now, I thought you would probably have claws. And I think it your be pretty cool to have claws, since, y'know, they're attached to you, and that would mean you'd have a weapon attached to you."

Looking down and remembering some research I had done on ocelots some time ago, I tensed the muscles in my "fingers". Sharp claws came out immediately. I relaxed my muscles, and they disappeared.

"Well, that's one question answered." I muttered.

Petra took out a key and unlocked the door at the front entrance. Before the whole "masked-men-taking-over-the-world" thing, there were two birch doors. But now, they were made of iron.

When we stepped in, the main room looked almost just like it did when we last saw it- which was a big plus. Same treasures floating on the pedestal, same dirty floor that nobody bothers to clean, same chests of stuff not significant enough to be on a pedestal, such as iron and gold. Even though the entire place was so familiar, it felt more like we were guests than the ones living here. I saw the three YouTubers disappear somewhere.

"Can I get... a couch or something? The only thing I've sat on for the past week was a wet stone floor." Olivia spoke up.

"Well, duh." Axel replied. "I mean, we all live here."

"I'd prefer a bed." Ivor muttered.

I followed Olivia over to the living room and flopped down on one of the couches next to her. It felt really good to be sitting on a cushion rather than a cell floor. I stretched out, allowing my muscles to relax.

"Lukas, you're lying like a cat." Olivia pointed out after a few minutes.

My face turned a little red when I realized it. I sat upright like a "normal" person, not saying the word. Olivia picked up the remote from the coffee table with a clawed hand and flipped on the TV, which just happened to be on the news. I scratched a head with a paw and sat back as a reported appeared on-screen.

"It has been two weeks since the army of masked people, who call themselves 'The Lost Ones', have began to wreak havoc across the world, kidnapping certain individuals. A part of the New Order has disappeared, and there is no word from the remaining members."

"Maybe because everyone's busy saving each other's butts." Olivia muttered.

"They have recently made their way to Redstonia and have burned down several buildings in a 'protest', and left one sign that said, 'We are out to create a living weapon.' That is all we have on this case; Dale Randle signing out."

The screen cut off to some sort of commercial, but I wasn't focused on that. Those "lost ones" dudes were out to create a living weapon!?

"I'll be right back." I muttered to Olivia before getting up from a cat-position I subconsciously got into.

I walked into the kitchen which was next to the living room. I half-expected for Jesse to be sitting at the table on his phone or something, but to my dismay, the room was completely empty. I sighed, opening the refrigerator and getting a cold drumstick. I sat down, gnawing at it. After a few minutes, Petra strolled in, spotting me, and sitting at the table.

"I thought you didn't like chicken." Petra commented.

I shrugged. "I'm hungry."

We stayed silent for a moment.

"So... What's on your mind?" She asked. Petra most likely knew something was wrong.

"I'm just thinking about... everything that happened. I mean, we got captured, I got turned into some cat-man, and... Jesse's gone." My voice cracked at the last part.

Petra put a hand on my shoulder with a sympathetic look. "I miss him too. But we'll find him."

"What if we don't?" I looked at her.

She breathed in. "If we don't at first, we'll keep looking. We're not going to leave anybody behind without looking for them."

I glanced away for a second.

"We'll head out in a day or two and look then- everyone's tired now." Petra stood up and said, "Come on, cat-boy. Let's go watch a movie."

----------

I rolled over onto my back, stifling a yawn. I was in my bedroom, and even though I felt like I could sleep for years, I couldn't fall asleep. It still felt incredibly weird for me with what happened to me. I wasn't used to picking things up with paws instead of hands, or feeling my tail drag on the tail as I walked. At least I wasn't full ocelot. That would be even more weird.

After a while of unsheathing and sheathing my claws repeatedly, I could hear a faint crash in the distance, making my jump. I assumed it was someone like Axel accidentally dropping something in the kitchen, but the crash was followed by a few thumps. That definitely wasn't Axel.

I quietly got out of my bed, quickly sipping on a T-shirt so I wouldn't be walking around in just boxers. As I made my way out of my room, I shut the door on my tail and I bit back a yelp of pain. I freed myself and crept along the hallway. The noises were coming from one of the storage rooms. I silently went over to the door where the sounds were loudest and pushed open the door slowly.

There was a figure digging in one of the chests. I could make out two large wings and a tail trailing behind it. I felt myself shudder. They looked just like the shadow in my dream! The figure stood upright as I started to back away. When it didn't turn, I took my chance. I leapt at it, claws extended, letting out what I think was a battle cry, but I wasn't too sure.

The figure turned, multicolored eyes wide with surprise. I bowled it over, clawing at wherever I could hit. Quickly recovering from its shock, it pushed me off, and I staggered back, trying to keep my balance. With a grunt, it lashed back out at me, scouring its long claws across my face. I let out a startled scream, stumbling and falling onto my rear. The figure was backing up, and I spotted a small window on the wall behind it. That was where it came in- and it was going to escape if I didn't act quickly.

I looked around frantically. I spotted a large diamond beside me, the only thing close enough for me to pick up quickly. I snatched it in my left paw and threw it, the rock slamming the figure in the head, knocking him against the wall as it let out a yelp. There must have been a shelf above it, because a potion fell and shattered right on its head.

I relaxed after a minute passed and it didn't move. I got up quickly, flipping on the lights.

What I saw made me inhale in a sharp gasp.

The person was way too familiar- despite looking completely different.

Red-brown hair, barely-open green and purple eyes, a white ripped up t-shirt and jeans, large wings and a tail sprouting from his back, arrowheads embedded into several parts of his body. I only then realized what I did.

It was Jesse.