Son of the End (13)

I barely had time to dodge before Einde shot a flaming purple ball. It grazed my wing, catching off guard, and I landed skidding on a smaller floating island. Einde let out a menacing growl before flying at me at top speed, all four wings beating. I had to admit, he was terrifying. He let out a screech, and within the blink of an eye, he pulled back a fist. It lit up with purple energy before charging full speed right at me. Some how, in some way, I managed to jump off of the island astoundingly far. I guess the reflexes of an Endergod really helped a lot.

I only had a split second to see the island Einde punched obliterated, a huge cloud of dust flying up and pieces flying everywhere. I hovered in the air, my heart racing. There was no way I could attack him now. I didn't have any weapons, and he could easily counter of block, then kill me instantly. The fate of the whole world resting on my shoulder didn't help much, either. His menacing eyes locked onto me, sending chills down my spine. But, to my surprise, he hovered there for a second, before drawing his claws back, and forming a growing, purple ball. I had about thirteen milliseconds to realize he was firing a gigantic laser beam at me. I folded my wings tight against my back and allowed myself to fall, nimbly dodging the beam. A split second later, I unfolded my wings, feeling all of the force of the air slowing my fall and then lifting me up.

"Just meet your fate already, half-blood!" Einde screamed into my mind, enough to give me a headache.

I didn't have time to give him the sassy comeback I came up with before I gasped to see that he had spawned a large glowing sword of energy in his right hand. He sliced at me, and I backed up enough that it cut my stomach. It was a little deep, but I didn't have time to worry about that. I was forced to land on a large island, only to leap off of it as my dad's sword came down, slicing the island in half and destroying it. Every island I jumped to, he destroyed.

"You stubborn brat!" he growled.

"You're sounding a bit bratty yourself, 'dad'!" I countered. I didn't think anybody would think I had the nerve to insult a god who was trying to kill me, but hey, that's just me.

After I jumped another time, I realized there was no more islands to jump on, and I took flight once again. But, that quickly ended as I felt Einde's claws gash deep into my face, notably on my left eye. I let out a scream of pain, and before I could bring up my hand to cover it, he punched me, sending me flying straight towards his palace. I must have broke several walls, as I found myself on the ground on the other side. I turned my head and vomited out an unhealthy amount of blood. My no-longer-functional eye was stinging harder than when Mevia's axes cut into my stomach, killing me. I struggled to get up, but it was impossible. Soon, I saw Einde's figure looming over me. I knew I was dead meat.

He grabbed one of my arms and slowly lifted me off of the ground. He brought me to his face, which had a terrifying grin of amusement on it.

"Pathetic." he spat. "And to think that you're my own son? I have been watching you, how you become a 'hero' with your little band of humans. I thought Jesse, leader of the New Order of the Stone, Slayer of the Wither Storm, would do better than this. I should strike you down right now."

I couldn't reply. My vision was blurry, and I could feel the blood trickle down my face. I let out a whimper out of instinct. Despite everything, I was glad none of my friends were here to see me die. I couldn't have bore that.

Einde turned around with a look of annoyance, and I saw that Mitera, with sword in hand, was charging at her own creator.

"Today will either be the fall of the Overworld or the fall of the End!" she cried. "I prefer it to be the fall of the End. Maybe then, I won't have to be used as a pawn just to make the population grow!"