10

p.j.m | October twenty-fifth | ten

yoongi hadn't made it to school that day, and jimin was instantly worried for his hyung. he was well aware of his situation and knew that what yoongi was doing to himself was dangerous. jimin also knew what he was doing to himself was bad, but yoongi was more important so he worried about him more. jimin's fifth period was history, and he could care less about that, so he allowed himself to drift off into thought. he thought of everything yoongi and him could do when the weekend rolled around again, and he thought about making music. jimin could sure sing, and yoongi rapped and made heavy hip-hop beats in his studio. jimin sat quietly in his seat. he started to get slightly fidgety. yoongi had never missed a day of school since they met, and jimin knew that that wasn't a very long time, but still. jimin raised his hand. "jimin, what do you need?" his teacher's deep voice rang through the silent room.

"may I use the bathroom please," he asked. jimin made his face twist a little bit like he was in pain, "it might be an emergency." his teacher nodded, assuming that jimin was sick to his stomach, and sent him with a bathroom pass. in the bathroom, jimin pulled out his phone, no texts from yoongi. the brunette frowned, yoongi had always sent him messages in the morning saying things like "good morning beautiful" or "how'd you sleep, jimin?" but nothing today. jimin frowned and tapped on his contacts. He scrolled down until he saw Mrs min on the list. the brunette's small hands shook as he reached for the phone icon underneath the old letters of Mrs min's name.

'hello? jimin? can I help you?' mrs min picked up on the third ring.

"hello, mrs min... by any chance... is yoongi hyung ok?" he asked, his voice shaky.

'jimin... aren't you supposed to be in class now?'

jimin paused, yes, he was supposed to be in class right now. "yes, I am supposed to be in class. but I'm too worried about yoongi," he stopped for a second. "please tell me what's wrong."

mrs min stopped herself for a second as if she was contemplating telling jimin the situation yoongi was currently in. 'yoongi was..' she stopped, swallowed and took a deep breath. 'yoongi was hospitalised last night.' her voice cracked, and she sounded broken down and tired all of a sudden.

jimin's heart stopped. the worst possible thing that could happen, happened. "wh-what happened?" jimin stuttered. the brunette used all his will to hold back the tears forming in his eyes.

mrs min didn't talk for a second, but jimin heard her sniff. 'god, jimin, I don't even know. he wasn't home. I asked him to go out because he stays home all day cooped up in that damn room.' mrs min sounded mad. But not at jimin, or yoongi, she sounded mad at herself. 'he had been gone for about an hour when I got a call from the police department. I was pissed right when I saw the caller ID because I thought yoongi had gotten himself arrested again.'

jimin listened as carefully as he could, he wanted to hear everything that happened. he didn't even know why he wanted to know the details.

'the kind man over the phone had told me my son passed out on the street. he was just laying there. a woman had found him. she said that he was in the grass, and when she saw how skinny he was she knew exactly what the situation was. she said she checked his pulse and called the police. I was his first emergency contact.'

jimin could hear the smile in yoongi's mother's voice, like being number one in his emergency contacts gave her all the pride in the world.

'you were his second.'

angst