55

"I was born to run, I was born for this."

                - Whatever it Takes, Imagine Dragons

We didn't have much time left before Sam's 'reinforcements' got here. Sam, Bucky and I were all sitting tightly together in a small outdated car. Sam took the front seat, Steve drove, which left Bucky and I to the back.

Steve had left the car once Sharon arrived. She took the liberty of stealing our weapons back for us. It just annoyed me how long he was taking, it better be an important conversation.

Bucky kept moving around, trying to find room for his legs to sit comfortably.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asked, looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"No." He answered sourly.

I rolled my eyes at their childish bickering. I glanced at Bucky before scooting myself on top of his lap.

"Scoot over," I motioned to where I was sitting. Bucky placed his hands on my waist and moved over further from Sam.

I tried to slide off him, but he wouldn't let go of me. I looked at him questioningly.

"Hey." He smiled. He sent an annoyed glance at Sam, then cupped my cheek, giving me a slow and passionate kiss.

"PDA...." I faintly heard him mumble.

+

Steve finally rejoined us after his own makeout session with Sharon. We had our weapons now, and our new team forming quickly.

Bucky generously helped me out of the small vehicle, and I sighed, finally being able to fully stretch my limbs.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve said to Clint who appeared out from a white van next to us.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides," He sighed, glancing at me. "... I'm on your team."

Wanda hopped out of the van as well, looking in better spirits than I last saw her.

"Thanks for having my back." Steve says to the two of them.

"It was time to get off my ass." Wanda shrugged.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asks.

"He's ready to go." Clint said walking back over to the van door. "I had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good to go."

Clint slid open the side door, letting it bang loudly. Scott, who was napping inside jumped up into consciousness.

"What time zone is this?" He asked, squinting at the sunlight.

"Come on.." Clint ushered him out of the car.

"Mr. Lang." Steve greeted him.

Scott just stared at him wide eyed. He immediately stepped closer and shook his hand.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow. This is awesome. Captain America. I know you too, you're great." He said looking at Wanda. "Jeez. Look, I wanted to say. I know you know a lot of super people, so.. Thinks for thanking of me."

"He talks a lot..." Bucky muttered.

Scott finally pried his eyes away from Steve, noticing Sam and I. "Oh, hey guys!"

"What's up tic-tac." Sam says.

"Good to see you," Scott nods. "Look. What happened last time was a...

"It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again." Sam said quickly cutting him off. I smiled at the thought of our last meeting.

"Did he tell you what we're up against?" Steve said trying to get back on topic.

"Something about some... psycho assassins." Scott answered.

"We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man."

Scott just shrugged. "Yeah, well, what else is new."

"We should get moving." Bucky spoke up.

"I got a chopper lined up." Clint tells us.

Some PA speaker turned on, echoing around the parking garage. "This is an emergency. All passengers must evacuate the airport immediately." A man spoke in German.

Bucky and I look at each other with dreadful expressions.

"Hey!" Sam said grabbing our attention, all of them were staring at us. "None of us speak German."

"They're evacuating the airport." I explained.

"Stark?" He asked.

Steve looked around at all of us. "Suit up."

+

Everyone separated to gather their gear, so I quietly pulled Clint aside. I looked around, Steve was back by the cars fastening his belt.

"Where are the twins? Are they okay?" I asked.

"They're fine. Laura's watching them." He assured me. "No one is gonna find them."

"Good." I nodded.

"You still haven't told Steve?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"There hasn't been time, okay, i just-"

"What're you guys talking about," Steve's voice rang in my ears, as he approached us.

"Nothing." I lied. I glared at Clint, and he took that as his cue to leave us.

Steve folded his arms and shook his head.

"Really? You're still keeping secrets?"

"I will tell you everything, anything you want to know, can we please just-"

"Do this later?" He cut me off.

"Yea." I whispered shamefully.

"Let me know when you're tired of lying." He stomped away, not giving a chance to even apologize. Like that would even make a difference now.

+

WHOOOOO TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY!
MAMA'S ON FIRE!!!