Sierra's POV

I was practicing guitar when Lithi walked in. I jumped up and hugged her as tightly as i could get away with.

      "I'm sorry." I whispered.

      "You have nothing to be sorry about. None of this is your fault." She whispered in return.

      "I know, but I still feel guilty." I confessed pulling away.

      "Will it make you feel better if I tell you I'm fine?"

       "A little."

       "Well I'm fine, better, actually, then usual."

       I looked at Lithium's face and right away noticed a few differences. Her usually grey-green eyes looked more hazel, with green, blue, brown, and gold. Her smile was unusually brighter and her precise makeup, smeared around her lips. 

      "Where's mom?" Lithi said suddenly, turning away.

      "Cleaning out the extra room for you. After Steve told us what happened, she freaked out, and instead of calling the cops, she cleaned!" I exclaim kind of angrily.

       "She's learned not to call the cops." Lithi started explaining.

      "Why?" I cut in.

      "The last time," she continued, "she called the cops, Steve got thrown down the stairs and landed on our glass coffee table. He's got the scars on his back to prove it."

       "As well as a long cut scar on his leg?"

        "Hmmm." Lithi mumbled in reply as she made her way to the back bedroom.

       The room was exceptional clean despite all the stuff sitting outsideof the room. Mom looked up, dropped the spray she was using to clean the windows, and pulled Lithium into the most gentle and motherly hug. Mom stroked Lithi's hair and repeated "My beautiful baby" over and over again.

       After a few awkward moments, for me anyway, mom let go of Lithi and and gestured to the room.

      "So how do you like it?" Mom asked Lithi.

      "It's pretty." Lithi replied, smiling.

       Mom stared at Lithi for a little bit.

       "Ok, who's the lucky guy?" Mom asked laughing.

        Lithi blushed.

        "What...where did you get that idea?" She mumbled.

         "Well..." Mom and I said at the same time.

        "Your lipstick is smeared slightly, your eyes are brighter, and your smile is bigger." I blurted.

      "That doesn't mean anything in particular!" Lithi defended.

      "Lithi," mom started, "You look the way Sierra does when she gets home from one of her dates with Johnny. Starry eyed and lovestruck."

      "She didn't need to know that, mom." I blushed.

       "Yes she did," she said to me then to Lithi, "So who is it?!"

        Lithi clamped her lips together, refusing to say a thing.

      "Fine we'll guess." Mom smiled.

       Lithi raised an eyebrow.

       "Dally." I guessed first.

       "Haha, that's funny......no." Lithi said.

       "Fine, then. How about Two-bit?" Mom guessed.

       "Wrong again."

        I smiled, jumping up and down.

       "Its Darry! It's Darry!" I cheered.

       Lithi sat down on the bed and sighed dreamily.

       I sat down next to her.

      "So am I right?" I asked her really close to her face.

        "Fine, yes." She replied, jokingly pushing me away.

       Mom and I giggled like little girls.

      "You two are weird." Lithi said getting up.

      Mom and I followed her to the living room. We sat down, while mom looked through the movies.

      "What are we watching?" I asked.

      Mom and Lithi looked at each other and smiled.

      "Cheesy romance!" They exclaimed at the same time.

      I groaned. The only romance I like is the Disney kind.

      We were half way through the movie when the phone rang.

      Mom got up to answer. She suddenly froze and Lithi jumped up to catch her before she fell.

      While supporting mom, Lithi grabbed the phone. After a little bit she froze. She held the phone for what felt like hours before setting it down.

      "What?" I asked, voice quivering.

      "They...they've got him."

Word count: 613