Darry's POV

"Dallas!" I scolded, "why would you say that?"

      "That's how you get to pretty girls" responded cooly.

       "No it's not!" I yelled.

       "You think you could do better?" Dally hissed.

       "I bet I could." I challenged.

        "Your on. Winner gets the girl." Dally agreed.

      We shook hands. Now I was regretting it. She was a girl not an object. Too late to back out now.

      "Hey, how about we get some Chinese food!" I called over my shoulder to the other boys.

      "Awesome!" Soda cheered. "Spicy tuna rolls here we come!"

     We all got into my old truck and Two-bit's car and drove to the Chinese restaurant. Ponyboy kept complaining about how hungry he was all the way there. That kid I tell you.

      We walked into the restaurant and were surprised at who we saw. It was Lithium, sitting on a bench.

      "Hey Lithium." Pony said walking over to her. "Whatcha doing here."

      "Oh you know hunting elephants." she replied sarcastically.

      Dally gave her an amused look plopping down next to her.

      "What are you really doing here?" He asked.

       "ETS emergency." She replied.

       "What the hell is that?" Dally asked.

       "Emotional Teenage Sister. And language and personal​ space please." She said.

       "So an over emotional girl needs Chinese food?" I asked.

       "Absolutely. If you ever want to make a girl feel better you should get her Chinese and movies." She said.

       Whenever a girl is sad; Chinese and movies. Noted.

       A moment later a waitress came out to give Lithium her order. She collected her order and grabbed her purse.

      "Bye guys!" she called, taking her order and turning around. "I have to go home and make my famous chocolate cake to go with this."

      "Darry's cake is better." Soda bragged.

      "Yeah right." She laughed and walked out the door. She got into an old pick up truck and drove away. We watched her go.

       A little bit later a waiter came to take to our table.

Word count: 296