Two-bit's POV

How long have Darry and Dally been gone? One hour? Two? I can't even tell anymore. I got up to go check on Pony and Lithium, still sound asleep. I wish I could go to sleep, but the silence won't allow it.

         I sat back down on the couch, feeling so uneasy. I would have thought they would have been back by now. Darry said he was just going  to pick Dally up. What if something happened? A million uneasy thoughts ran through my head.

       Nervously, I turned on the TV and changed the channel to late night cartoons. Even those didn't settle my nerves. I jumped up, went to the kitchen, and grabbed a beer. Nothing was helping.

      Sitting back down on the couch, I jumped at every sound. A car driving by, the neighbors shouting, wind in the trees, all adding to my anxiety.

      There was a sudden pounding on the door that made me jump to the ceiling. I slowly got up and walked to the door, thinking of who it might be. It couldn't be any of the gang, they'd just run right in. Maybe it was Soc. Yeah, a Soc, that's all it is.

       The thought of it just being a Soc made me stand a little taller. I confidently, but cautiously opened the door. Almost instantly there where a pair of hands at my throat.

       The man was tall, like Darry tall. He lift me off the ground like I weighed nothing.

       "Where is my daughter?!?" he snarled.

       Daughter? The realization hit me like a bullet train. Lithi's dad.

        "Where is she??" he repeated, angrily.

        "Not here." I coughed out best I could.

        "You're lying!" he shouted, wrapping his hands tighter around my neck.

       From the corner of my eye, I saw Ponyboy sneak over to Darry's room and prayed he wouldn't get caught. Pony quietly slipped into Darry's room without incident. Thank God.

       I was thrown against the wall, suddenly. I saw my life flash before my eyes and thought, I'm going to die here.

Word Count: 340