Steve's POV

"Lith? How did you get here?" I asked when Lithium walked through the door.

      "Hmm, well there are several ways I could've gotten here. I could of walked, drove, or taken the bus." She answered sarcastically.

       "I'm serious, Lithi." I said.

       She sighed. "Darry brought me here."

      "Darry?! I told him to leave you alone!" I shouted.

      "Steve, if Darry left me alone, I'd be dead." Lithi said as calmly as she could.

     My face softened. "What do you mean?"

      She held up her wrists for me to examine.

      "Who did this to you, Lith?" I asked gently.

      "I did this to me." She whispered with tears in her eyes.

     "Oh Lithi." I cried and pulled into a hug. "Why?"

      "Because dad, he...he..." Lithi sobbed.

       She didn't need to finish her sentence I knew exactly he did to her. I let go of Lithi.

       "I'm going to do something." I shouted angerly.

       "Steve, no, you can't!" Lithi stopped me. "He could hurt you."

       "And I could hurt him. I have a 50/50 chance." I shot.

       "Don't get revenge that way, it never works!" Lithium cried.

       I stopped for a moment and thought. This has really broken Lithi and she deserves justice, but I could end up jail at the same time. And that would break her even more.

      "Fine, but I'm telling mom." I reasoned.

      She nodded her head. "Ok, she should know anyway."

      I gave her a quick hug. "I'm gonna go, you gonna be fine?" I whispered.

      "I think so." She whispered back.

       I turned around, than turned back around.

      "Where is Darry?"

      "Outside, thinking."

      "Uh, about what?"

      "Just some things that I told him."

      "About Pony?"

      "Mostly."

      I nodded and walked out. My sister was hurting more than anyone thought and I am going to do something about it, eventually, but right now I have to thank someone.

Word count: 313

I might not be able to update a lot because school starts in six days! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! So yeah I'll update every weekend or maybe every other weekend. It just won't be alot. So thanks for reading and bear with me on the slow updates!

2019 edit: Now here I am, reading this at 11:30pm on a school night. I've really changed.

~Lily