Lithium's POV

After breakfast I went upstairs to take a shower while Sierra showered downstairs. I stripped off all of my clothes and looked into the mirror.

There were bags under my eyes and my face was red. There were big black bruises from my chest all the way down to my to my knees.

I looked awful.

I showered quickly, trying to avoid looking at the bruises.

I got out of the shower slowly, for my body still ached terribly and would for several days.

I went to my room and put on my longest dress. The dress is a melon shade of pink and goes all the way to my ankles. I then went back to the bathroom, put on enough make-up to cover the pain, and went back downstairs.

Sierra was ready to go, all I had to do was grab my purse and work keys. We hopped into our old truck and I drove to the grocery store at which I worked.

We said nothing during the whole 15 minute trip.

I don't wear the standard uniform that all the other employees wear. I told my boss about my 'situation' and he was very understanding about it.

My co-workers and I have have a deal of sorts going on between us. The person who unlocks the doors gets to pick what type of music is played in the store. I'm usually the one that unlocks the doors, so I get to pick the music most of the time.

I unlocked the door and let Sierra in. On Monday mornings we are supposed to check every shelf for random objects and products that aren't in their correct area.

While I checked the shelves, Sierra turned on the radio and switched the station to the 93.7 country countdown. The countdown is on at 7:00 every morning. Sierra and I enjoy listening to it together.

"Lithium?" Sierra asked, destroying my train of thought. "Can we open early? There are people here already."

I looked at the clock. 7:25. We open at 7:30. "Yeah that's fine." I responded heading toward the register.

A few people shop early in the morning or late at night and honestly I think they are the smart ones. Not a lot of people, not as long lines.

Sierra unlocked the doors. And a few people filtered in.

And so begins another work day.

Word count: 405