Darry's POV

It  took awhile, but I finally got Lithium to go to sleep. I slipped out of my room and closed the door as quietly as possible. 

      I quietly walked out into the living room. I was surprised when I only saw Two-Bit sitting there. 

      "Where is everyone?"

      "Pony went to his room, completely hysterical, and Dallas ran out somewhere, he didn't say where." Two sighed.

      "Is Ponyboy ok?"  I worried.

      "Yeah, I think so. I checked on him before Dally walked out, and he was sleeping, so.."

      I nodded. "Ok, I'm gonna chack on him again, just in case."

      I walked over to Pony and Soda's room. I knocked softly. No answer. I slowly opened the door. Pony was passed out on his bed, breathing softly. I sighed in relief and closed the door. He was taking the news of mom and  dad's death just as hard as I was.

     I walked back to the living room where Two was watching Mickey and stuffing his face with cake.

     "How're you hold'n up?" Two asked as I collapsed into the arm chair.

      "I'll live. It's Lithi, Pony, and Soda I'm worried about."

       "Why Soda?"

       "How do you think he's gonna take the news? He bawled at their funeral."

      "Oh, yeah." Two sighed.

      There were a couple minutes of awkward silence between us before the phone rang. I jumped up to answer it.

     "Hello?"

     "Darry? can you come get me?"

     "Dallas? Why do you need me to come get you? Did you get in trouble again?" I sighed.

     "Just come and get me, I'll explain when you get here." He snapped.

      "Fine, where are you?" I said, giving in.

      "The police station. Just get here as quick as possible!"

      "Alright I'm coming!" Dally hung up. Jeez.

      I put phone down, told Two where I was going, told him to watch Ponyboy, grabbed a coat and walked out the door.

Word count: 316

I'm going to dedicate the last chapters to the people who have commented on this chapter! There is going to be 3-6 more chapters so some of you might go twice, otherwise i'll dedicate a chapter in book two to you! Thanks for reading! Vote and Comment!

~Lily