Lithium's POV

I woke up too Two-bit shaking me and giggling. "Hey, there, sleepy head."

      I sat up quickly, blinking my eyes. "Hey." I replied sleepily.

     "Tired?" He laughs.

     "You have no idea." I said, rubbing my eyes.

      Two suddenly wrapped me into the biggest bear hug ever. "You know we'll love you no matter what, right?" He whispered.

      "I know." I replied.

      No more crying, I promised myself. You've cried enough.

      Two-bit let go of me. "Darry's making dinner, if you want to help."

      "Help, who? Darry cook, or you annoy him?" I laughed.

       It felt good to laugh.

       Two-bit laughed. "Maybe a little of both."

       "Where is everyone?" I asked Darry, walking into the kitchen.

       "Soda and Steve went out with there girlfriends, Johnny and Sierra also went out, Dally is probably at Buck's or Tim's, Two is right there, and Pony is in his room doing his homework." Darry list.

       "Wow, you're really on top as everything." I commented.

       Darry sounded just like a mom.

      "Darry, what are you most afraid of?" I asked randomly.

      Darry stopped and put down the spoon he was stirring with and turned around.

       He leaned against the counter and avoided my question for a while.

        "I'm afraid of losing someone I love." He replied suddenly.

        I nodded. That makes way too much sense.

        "What are you most afraid of?"

        I took a deep breath before answering. "Of being someone's second choice."

       "What's that supposed to mean?" Darry questioned.

       "Well Sierra's always been dad's favorite and mom's favorite had always been Steve. I know I wasn't Kat's favorite because I didn't treat her like my mom. The only person that has ever treated me like #1 has been my former best friend." I confessed.

      Darry gave me the most confused look. "Who was your best friend?"

       I seriously regretted bringing him up after he asked that.

       "Well...um...umm." I mumbled. "He...umm."

       "He?"

       "Yeah. Kent and I had been friends for a long time."

        "Before what?"

        "Before...." I broke my promise to myself and completely broke down.

        I think Pony heard and both he and Two-bit came running in to comfort me.

       "What happened, Lithi?" Pony asked.

      "One night, dad was beating me....." I stuttered. "And Kent came in and pushed me out of the way and took the beating for me. Dad pushed him down the stairs and broke his neck."

       I stopped. All off them were on the verge of tears.

      "He died." I continued. "Dad warned me to tell the police that it was an accident or else he was going to kill me too."

       I started uncontrollably sobbing. Darn it. I wasn't going to cry anymore. Darry came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He waved at Pony and Two to leave and supported me as I collapsed on the floor.

Word count: 471