Darry's POV

"Pony if you are messing with me I swear I will end you." Lithium threatened.

      "He's not lying." I cut in. "Steve really is Soda's best friend."

      Lithium leaned back on the couch. "Sierra grab my purse."

      Sierra looking very confused got up and grabbed Lithium's purse. Lithium then opened it and pulled out a lollipop and stuck it in her mouth. She thought a little bit.

      "I've been living here for two flipping years and didn't even see my brother once." She shook her head.

       "When were you two split up?" Two-bit asked.

       "April 15th, 1953." Lithium said exactly.

      "Your fifth birthday." Pony said quietly.

      "Yeah." Lithium replied.

      "So the mom you said died in the same car crash as our parents is not your mom?" I asked.

       "No Katherine is not our real mom."

      "That's why you called her Kat." Sierra whispered.

      "Yes Sierra. I had no love for her for she wasn't my real mom." Lithium confessed.

      I reached out and put my hand on Lithium's. "Anything else?"

      "Dad wanted perfect children. He wanted us to be A+ students, high school graduates, college graduates, doctors, lawyers, and/or business owners. He wanted us without weakness, so every time some cried he took his switch and dragged the blade down the top of my shoulder and Steve's leg."

      "Why there?" Dally asked.

      "If you went all the way down my arm you'd get to my wrist eventually, bleed out in 10-15 minutes. And on the inner part of your leg you have a main artery. You'd bleed out in 20 minutes." Lithium sighed.

      I held her hand in sympathy. She didn't pull away. I looked at her left shoulder. I could see the edge of a scar from the bottom of her sleeve.

      "That's why Steve never wear shorts." Ponyboy figured.

      "Most likely." Lithium smiled slightly. "Ponyboy, what happens when your grade drops?"

      "I get yelled at." Ponyboy said sounding annoyed.

      "Every time my grades dropped, even by a point, I got severely beaten. Hence why I absolutely hated high school."

       I'm never yelling at Pony for his grades ever again.

      I squeezed her hand to tell her it would be alright.

      "You'll be ok?" I ask.

      "I have to be. I have a brother to reunite with." She smiled.

      The door opened and closed. They're back.

Word count: 391