Dally's POV

"They are going to search the house for evidence and call us when they find something." Darry told Lithi.

       "There should be plenty of evidence. Broken glass, blood, his switchblade, my switchblade. The list could literally go on." Lithi said.

      We all nodded. The police could find a whole lot of things to charge that man with.

      "Lithi, what would he be sentenced with if he was charged?" I asked her.

      "Well, he'd be charged with murder, attempted murder, child abuse and neglect, rape."

       We all winced at everything Lithi listed. All those crimes are pretty serious.

       "So, What's the minimum sentence?"

        "Life without parole."

        "And the maximum?" Darry asked.

        "Well, in North Dakota, the maximum sentence would be life without parole, but here in Oklahoma, the maximum crime for committing one of these crimes would be death." Lithi explained.

       "So if he was charged he would be sentenced to death?" Pony questioned.

      "Yes."

      We all sort of breathed a sigh of relief. He could never hurt Lithium or anyone else ever again.

      Lithi yawned. She looked like she was trying hard not to cry.

      "Well I guess it's time to go back to bed." Pony said.

      Ponyboy, as well as Darry and Lithium, got up and went to bed.

      After both doors were closed, I got up and sat in the arm chair.

       "Still got it for Lithi?" Two asked.

       "No, not very much anyway." I answered.

       "Oh, ok." Two-bit responded.

      He almost sounded relieved. What is he thinking?

       Putting all thoughts aside, I grabbed a blanket and attempted to fall asleep.

Word Count: 252