Normani Kordei.🖤

You and Mani had been broken up for a while and haven't been in contact for months so when you two show up to the same shoot for a magazine things are a little tense.

"Yeah mom, I'm still here whoever is doing the shoot before me is taking ages to finish

"Yeah mom, I'm still here whoever is doing the shoot before me is taking ages to finish." You said to your mom over the phone as you peeked behind the curtain to see who's kept you at the shoot till three in the morning. That's when your breathing seems to slow down and your thoughts become jumbled. A few feet away is the girl you planned on marrying, the same one who left you in Hawaii because she thought you weren't ready for commitment.

If only she knew what you had in your pocket that night.

"Uh, excuse me can you close the curtain?" Normani called out towards you as the photographer went back to the computer to check the shots.

"Sorry it's just some of us want to get home!" I snapped and frowned when the younger girl flinched slightly "I'm sorry, I'm just it's almost four and I really want to go home."

"Why it's not like you have anyone to go home to." Normani said softly with a sly grin towards me.

"Oh fuck you Mani." I rolled my eyes, sliding the curtain closed and going back over to the couch.

Fuck her.
Always in a bad mood didn't matter what was happening.

"Well you can go now, I just wanted the perfect shot." Normani said with a yawn as she pushed the curtain open and walking towards the snack table; looking over her shoulder at me making sure her ass was in perfect view.

Gulping slightly I tried to advert my eyes "I don't see why, every shot of you is perfect."

Silence.

"Well..thank you Y/N. Sorry about the hold up, they're ready for you." Normani said getting an apple.

"It's fine, you were right there's nobody to go home to since you've left." I dusted the lint off of my jeans before walking towards the curtain.

"Wait Y/N?" Normani called after me causing me to turn back around to face the girl.

"That night on the beach, why didn't you stop me? You didn't even come back to the hotel that night where did you go?"

Laughing slightly I rubbed my chin before crossing my arms "Honestly? I had to return the ring before I lost it."

"The ring?" The younger girl knitted her eyebrows together in confusion as her gaze met mine.

"Why do you think I took you to Hawaii? I was going to propose to you Mani I had it all planned out that's why I had been a flake all the weeks before that I wanted to make sure everything was perfect for you because you deserved a perfect proposal that's as beautiful and as special as you."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Normani now had tears rolling down her cheeks as she stepped towards me.

"Because you had already made your mind up hours before I even took you to the beach, I could see it written all over your face that you needed someone who was mature and upfront with you. Who didn't hide and act like a child trying to surprise you. So when you broke up with me I vowed to leave you alone, to let you find someone as special as you Normani. I truly hope you find them and I hope I get to see you in a wedding dress as beautiful as you could ever imagine. Have a good night." With a last smile at the girl who broke my heart I walked onto the set to do my shoot as quickly as possible so I could get home to my solitude.