Chapter 16- Ren

Recap:

"Who are you?" I demand.

He slowly takes his hat off and glasses and that's when I recognise him.

"REN?!"

___________________________

Kookie's POV

"Ren?, is that really you?"

"Yep, Jungkook it's me"

"Omg it's been so long" I run to him and hug him, feeling so happy to see him again.

Now, your probably wondering who Ren is,right?.

Well, Ren is my best friend from high school and we were really close up until he disappeared after high school.

Our hug lasts for a few seconds before we pull away. Honestly he hasn't changed a single bit in the past few years I haven't see him.

"Where did you disappear off to after high school?" I ask pouting.

"Sorry sorry, I was very busy working as a model In London" he answers messing up my hair.

"Model?!" I ask surprised with wide eyes.

I didn't know I had a model friend.

"Yea... After high school I went on a trip to London and there, a company offered me to become a model and I just couldn't say no"

"Omg hyung I'm so happy for you" I cheer hugging him again.

"But what are you doing here,dressed like this?" I say eyeing him from top to bottom, I know it's rude to do that but his dressed weirdly and anyone would have the same reaction as me.

"Well... I came to see you, I found out what school you go to and decided to visit you" he mumbles blushing.

"How did you find out?"

"I went to visit your... Step dad and asked him" he says looking away.

My eyes widen instantly at the mention of my step dad.

"...did he say anything else?" I say feeling my body tremble a little.

He just shakes his head in response.

"Why?"

"No reason"

"You never said, why your dressed like this" I bring up again to change the subject.

"Ohh, that's because I don't want anyone to recognise me since I recently moved to Korea to model and I've gained quite a lot of popularity over the week of working here"

"What?, really?, so now we can meet up like good old days" I say laughing.

He starts laughing with me.

All of a sudden I start feeling sick and I cover my mouth as I feel like vomiting.

"what's wrong?" ren questions.

I just mumble 'toilet', before heading in the direction of the toilet along with Ren who's following me.

Upon entering, I rush to one of the stalls and start vomiting.

After finishing, I wipe my mouth and flash the toilet before heading to the sink and washing my face.

I feel Ren touch my back creating imaginary smooth circles that calm me down.

"Are...you okay?" Worry present in his voice.

I hum in response.

"Are you... Pregnant by any chance"

I end up choking on air at that question.

What the hell.

"REN!" I shout blushing.

"I'm a boy" I state.

"Sorry I wanted to lighten up the mood" he giggles.

I laugh as well.

"Wanna skip school?" He asks and I think before smiling and nodding as a yes.

****

"Bye bye" I shout waving at Ren.

After hanging around the mall and being attacked by a few of Ren's fans we decide to end the day.

He had to go to work so that's why we ended up leaving early and I just decided to roam around Seoul a little longer.

I always have this feeling something will happen and that one day I'll disappear, fall asleep and never wake up again. I know it's crazy to think that after all one day I will disappear like everyone else will.

I decide to go to the park and sit on the bench. Parks always calmed me down but they bring back painful memories.

What is it like to have parents?. I wanna know that warm feeling of having people who love you around again.

I pull my knees up to my chin and lean my head on it,looking around at the smiles everyone is coloured with.

I wanna smile that beautifully too,maybe even more beautifully.

I feel a single tear roll.

"I miss you mom,dad" I whisper to myself. 

I'm gonna be strong and live life fully. I know one day my dreams will come true and maybe Taehyung will be apart of it.

I hope so. I only know him a little and it hasn't been long since he appeared but I already feel like I've known him for years. I don't need his love to be happy, I just need him by my side that's all.

Unknowingly, I'm smiling. My emotions are so messed up, one minute I'm sad the next I'm happy.

I chuckle to myself. I look around the park looking at all the families.

I notice a child and his parents, they stand out but not in a weird way but because of they're beautiful smiles they're giving each other.

'I feel jealous now' I think pouting.

I remember the day I ran away from home when I was 8, it was my birthday but my dad couldn't make it cause of work but later that day when I came back after getting too hungry, my father also came home and while crying  he tells us he has cancer, at first I didn't understand but I could tell it was serious cause of how much my mother was crying.

We ended up losing him that year. After that, I never celebrated my birthday that much but after my mom left I completely stopped celebrating.

"It's been long"

I freeze recognising that voice. It couldn't be. I look up and my eyes widen In fear.

"You!"

It was

My step dad.

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷

Want me to write an namjin chapter next.