34 - Travel sickness (Co-written)

Start from the beginning

"How long is it, papa?"

"Just a few hours baby, just try and close your eyes." The man gently runs his fingers through the boy's messy curls as it was something that Harry always enjoyed.

Harry fell asleep quite quickly snuggled into his dad. Zayn was on his phone. Niall was happily telling his parent's the goal he scored.  He plays for under 16's in in a professional football team in the premier league in London.  He is hoping to have a career in as a professional footballer.

There was no doubt Niall had talent. He was truly remarkable. As was Zayn, he was very talented when it came to artwork. Harry was still their little boy who was trying to figure out his talents, but the parents knew no doubt that one day he'd shine.

First hour and a half was smooth. Zayn simply kept his earphones in, tuning the rest of the world out, while the youngest slept and the oldest three kept up a conversation about Niall's team and important matches coming up.

However Louis was driving and didn't see a bump coming up and went over it.  This bump jolted Harry's stomach as he jolted awake and started throwing up. It happened so fast that Liam couldn't react.  Zayn hadn't realised as he had his headphones in.

"Oh baby," Liam fussed. "It's fine. Come on, just let it out." He gently massaged Harry's back as the boy got sick. "Can you stop at the next service, Lou? He got it all over his trousers and shoes."

"Yeah, just about ten minutes, Li." Louis assured, speeding just a tad as the car was starting to smell a little like sick. "He okay?" He glanced in the rear-view mirror for a split second to see the commotion in the back before turning back to the road.

"Don't know. Feels a bit warm." Liam hummed as he brushed Harry's hair back. "Don't know if it's just his travel sickness or if he's coming down with something."

'Li stop worrying I'm sure it's just travel sickness you know how he can be and prob hot from being snuggled in his blanket which was now covered in vomit'  Louis sighed knowing once it's starts it won't stop. Liam had to nudge zayn to pick the bucket up which was now under Harry's chin.

'Lou slow down think the speed is making it worse'  Liam said.

"Fine." Louis sighed, there were just a couple of minutes until he could pull over so it was fine.

"Could be the blanket yes. But I still want to take his temperature when we get to my mum's house." Liam fussed. And of course Louis couldn't argue, he was just surprised that Liam didn't already have a thermometer in his pocket, he always worried so much. Harry sneezed once and missed a day of school, even though the boy begged to go and there was nothing wrong with him.

Harry groaned as he puked again. Liam rubbed the boys back. Zayn put the headphones back in to block the sound out.

'You ok z'  Louis asked his son. The service station wasn't that far up. Niall felt sorry for his younger brother and was the proud big brother that sometimes walked Harry to school and back.

Harry just sometimes needed the extra help and Niall happily provided it.

"M'fine." Zayn mumbled. "Can we just stop soon because the smell is unbearable."

"Yes, we're stopping soon." Louis assured, already pulling into the lane that lead up the service station. "Alright, keep all doors open please." Louis announced as his two older boys wasted no time jumping out of the car while Louis went to the boot to fish out some new trousers for Harry. "Do you need anything, Li?"