69 : No Matter What

Your POV

The fiery sun warmed my skin as I peacefully relaxed by the pool.
Eyes closed and body at rest.
The resort was fairly quiet, with only a few other residents - and that was how I liked it.
There were no screaming children either, just tranquil people who were purely here for the same reason as I was;

To get away.

My lips tugged up in satisfaction.
I had never been on vacation before and it was even better than I imaged, and I never wanted to leave.
It was like I had no problems here.
It was just me, Jason and Samantha.

I could've fallen asleep in that moment, from the fact that I was so overly relaxed, until cold droplets of water dripped onto my bare skin and disturbed me.
My eyes fluttered open to Jason standing over me. His hair was wet and sticking up at the ends, and beads of water rolled down his chest and stomach.
"Are you coming in the pool, baby?" He asked, pushing a hand through his wet locks and smirking.

I looked past him and gazed at the rippling blue pool, which was now completely empty. It did look appealing, but I couldn't be bothered to move. I shook my head and flicked off the water from my stomach. "No." I mumbled. "Maybe later."

Jason sighed dramatically and rolled his eyes. "You've said that four times already," He complained childishly. "C'mon, babe. It'll be fun."

I let out a quiet groan. "I don't want to, and the water is too cold." I wiped my stomach once again - just to make a point. "And we're here for five days, we have enough time." I reminded, and then laughed quietly at the defeated face Jason decided to pull, just to be even more dramatic.

Jason had never been the type of man who had the ability to keep his patience, and my stubborness seemed to quickly bore him. His lips curved into a bigger smirk and I raised an eyebrow at him, trying to work out what he was thinking. "If you don't come in the pool with me within the next thirty seconds, I swear I'll throw you in." He chuckled lowly, and I threw my head back against the sunbed.

"Jason..." I dragged, closing my eyes against the bright sky.

"Y/n..." He mimicked, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into a sitting position. "Don't make me do this." He shrugged humorously, and the sly glint in his eyes told me that he was being deadly serious, and that I no longer had the option to remain peacefully basking in the sun.

I let out a long sigh and rolled my eyes, reluctantly swinging my bare legs over the side of the sunbed and awkardly standing to my feet. "I really hate you." I muttered, unable to hide the amused smile that I couldn't prevent.

"Awh, I love you too baby girl." He winked as he tightened his grip on my hand and began to lead me towards the sparkling water. He wasted no time to jump in, splashing me to the point where I was actually already drenched. I let out a quiet squeak at the coldness of the water, but then quickly brushed myself off as I lowered myself onto the pool edge and dipped my feet in. I slid down painfully slowly, and sucked in a sharp, dramatic breath when I finally got to the stage of dipping my shoulders beneath the water. Jason laughed audibly at my horrified reaction, before he swam towards me and wrapped his arms around my body. "You're so over-dramatic, the water isn't even cold."

My body reacted before my mind, and I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, feeling myself quickly adjust to the temperature of the water that swooshed around us because of my sudden movements. His hands found their way to my hips, and then slowly slid down and held me against him. I eventually found that this position was a whole lot better than lying on a sunbed, and I also found that our lives would be a whole lot easier if me and Jason put a comlete end to all the petty arguments that had been recently occurring back at home.
Loving always felt better than fighting.
I sank my teeth into my lower lip.
"Thank you for this." I mumbled quietly.

Jason tilted his head. "For what?"

"For everything," I pressed myself further against him. "For this whole vacation. I really need it." I laughed awkwardly before burying my face in Jason's shoulder as we moved gently in the water.

"We both do, babe." He mumbled in my ear. "And I know you're stressed because of the baby and stuff, but I'm here and I'll get you through this."

I sighed. "I know I haven't been myself lately, and I don't mean to take it out on you - "

"Stop it, Y/n." He interupted, shaking his head. "Those things don't matter, all I need is for you to be honest with me. If somethings wrong, I want to help, and I get mad at you when you don't tell me things because I hate the fucking thought of you being hurt." He whispered, and I knew he was basing his point on the recent incident with Will, which only urged me to bring him up.

"I'm scared to go back." I admitted, suddenly feeling vunerable.

"Why, baby?"

"Cause of Will." After I spoke, a moment passed until something became apparently funny, and Jason chuckled lowly before he pressed his lips against my shoulder. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him. "What are you laughing at?"

"If you think I'm letting you stay at that house ever again, you don't know me well enough." He laughed. "I'll handle him, Y/n. This time, I won't get distracted and I'll make sure he doesn't come back. I've got you, baby. Nobody hurts my girl and gets away with it."

"Okay." I nodded, feeling a heavy weight being lifted from my shoulders. Jason's hands suddenly moved back towards my hips, and he pushed me away from him slightly so that he could fully see my face.

He bit his lip. "And I know you probably don't want to talk about this whilst we're on vacation, but I've been thinking... You've really changed me, Y/n. I don't want to hurt people who don't deserve to get hurt," He furrowed his eyebrows and inhaled sharply. "But there are a few people who will be a severe risk to our family, like old gangs and shit, and I'm gonna need to go away for a few days... So I can get rid of them." He mumbled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "When are you going away?" I whispered, feeling a slight disappointment tug at my heart.

"Sometime after we get back." He nodded. "But you'll be okay, I promise."

I held my breath. "There's no way I can come with you, is there?"

"I'm never risking your life again. I've made that mistake before and it ruined me." His jaw clenched tightly before he pulled me closer. "I'll come back, you don't need to worry."

"... But what if you don't?"

"I'll always come back to you, no matter what."

Something in my mind told me to hang on to those words, and I stored them inside my head, comfortable that I wouldn't forget. I felt a pang of reasurrance, and my lips turned up. "No matter what?"

He nodded. "No matter what."

That was the last thing he said to me before his lips were on mine, and he hungrily kissed me in ways that made my heart want to jump out. Every single kiss felt like our first...

And that is what made me love him even more.

---------------------

Thanks for reading

Vote and Comment if u liked