26 : Pushed To The Limit

Jason's POV

I awoke to soft sheets and the morning sunlight seeping in through the gaps of the closed blinds.
For me, waking up was no longer the pleasure that it used to be.
My dreams were better than reality, and sometimes, my nightmares were too.
Things were getting worse, I seemed to be the only person who had actually realised.

The deadline for my mission to hand Y/n over to the Damnation was in eight days and I had no fucking idea what I was going to do.
All I knew was that I wasn't going to let this be my last week with her, she meant too much to me to just to give her up like that.
Especially give her up to the hands of Angelo.

Shivers ran through my body at the thought of him even touching Y/n.
I had been desperately wanting to ask her to be my girlfriend...
I desperately wanted us to be official.
But I couldn't do that until this mission was over.
Otherwise my head would be shot clean off.

Thinking of Y/n, I rolled over to my side, expecting her to be there laying next to me.
I frowned when I saw the empty space in the bed where my girl should be.

She was probably downstairs with everyone else.
I always woke up late, due to my injuries.
I knew that I needed more rest than usual, but resting wasn't easy when I wasn't within three feet of Y/n.

I reluctantly dragged my feet off the bed and stood up slowly, rubbing my knuckles against my eyes drowsily.
"I hate mornings." I mumbled.

I made my way to the bathroom and took a hot shower, feeling the singeing water hit all of my wounds. I winced and cursed.
If I knew how to change the temperature of Ben's stupid digital-shower, believe me, I would.

After practically burning my skin from all the hot water, I put on some baggy clothes and made my way downstairs to see everyone together in the living room.
I furrowed my eyebrows.
Where the hell was Y/n?

"Yo," I said, running a hand through my damp hair. "Has anyone seen Y/n?"
Everyone looked at me casually, shaking their heads and my heart rate instantly began to speed up.

"I thought she was with you." Alara said.

"She's probably still asleep, man." Matt suggested.

"I sleep in the same fucking bed as her and she wasn't in there when I woke up." I snapped, frustrated.
If it wasn't for the uneasy feeling in my stomach, I probably would have dismissed her absence and accepted that she was somewhere in the house.
But something wasn't right.
She wasn't here.

Ben stood up from the couch, rubbing his hands together. "She might be taking a shower in the downstairs bathroom."

"Why would she do that?" I rolled my eyes.
I wish I hadn't destroyed her mobile all those months ago when I kidnapped her.
I kept on meaning to buy her a new one, but until recovered all of my stolen money, that just wasn't going to happen.
I wasn't exactly poor, but I needed the remaining money for essentials.

Matt glanced out of the window and his jaw fell open like something from a movie. "Bro, the van is gone."

No.
I didn't want to believe that Y/n had left.
I ran over to where Matt was to see the same thing:
A driveway only accompanied by Ben's black Rolls Royce.

"For fucks sake." I cursed, pulling on my hair. "Where the hell would she have gone?" I asked no one in particular, desperate for an answer.
And wherever she went, she went without me.
What if she had had enough of me?
What if this is all my fault?