03 : Text Message

Your POV
I circled my room, my hands shook as I pulled on my hair, it had gone frizzy from the rain, but I really didn't give a fuck right now.

All I could think about was Justin.

It was all too much of a coincidence.
First, he magically shows up to save me from getting attacked by those two rapists.
Second, he drove the exact same car that had been following me.
Thirdly, he drove me home without even asking for my address.

There must be a logic explanation, maybe I told him my address without realising?
I couldn't help myself. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through the people who had recently texted me.
My thumbs tapped at the screen quickly as I shot a message to the person who had been stalking me.
'It's you, isn't it?'
I tapped send and waited anxiously for the reply I almost got straight away.

'What's me?'

I rolled my eyes, either Justin was trying to confuse the shit out of me or I had completely overthought everything.
'You're the one who saved me tonight.'
My hands shook violently as I sent another message to the unknown number. My phone pinged as I received another text.

'You must be confused, Darling. You've had a rough night. Get some sleep ;)'

'Were you watching me again?!' My heart thumped even faster.

'Oh, baby. I'm always watching you ;)'

I turned off my phone and threw it onto my bed. I wanted to burst into tears, the fear consuming me as my hands shook violently.
I didn't know what to do. What if the person was watching me.
Right here.
Right now.

I grabbed it back and scrolled through the contacts on my phone until I reached Ellie; she was my best friend, and would definitely know how to handle a situation like this.
But she was probably still at the party, drunk out of her mind, probably kissing a guy she had met ten minutes ago.
I rolled my eyes and scrolled down to Bella's contact; another one of my best friends.
She hadn't dared to come to the party, she avoided alcohol and drugs like the plague, she wouldn't even go near them, too scared her parents would smell it on her clothes and get mad.
I called her number and she picked up after the first ring, despite the fact it was 3am.
"Bella! I need you to come here right now." I yelled into the phone.

"Y/n, are you crazy? Check the time." She groaned.

"I know, I know. But I had a horrible night. I need to be with someone right now." I choked back a sob.

"Oh my god, are you crying?" I heard her shuffle awkwardly on the other end of the line.

"Close to it. How quick can you get here?" My voice quivered.

"Ten minutes. Take deep breaths, Y/n. I'll be right over."

And with that, the line went dead. I crawled into my bed, still wearing Justin's black hoodie. It smelled a lot like his cologne and was far too big on me, but for some reason, I didn't want to take it off.

I burrowed under the white sheets until there was a knock on the door. "It's open!" I called.
What the fuck is wrong with me?
I leave the door unlocked after being attacked and invite whoever was waiting on the other side to come right in.
I was relieved when Bella rushed into my room, her dark hair was messy and her sleepy blue eyes were filled with concern.

She took one look at my tear-stained cheeks and gasped. "Y/n, what's wrong? What happened?" She flopped onto the bed and wrapped her arms around me.

"I- I don't even know. I broke up with Chris and-"

"What? Why?" She looked stunned.