11 : Brothers And Fathers

Your POV

*

"I never loved you," Jason laughed in my face as if I was dumb.
"But you know what I do love?" He held a huge wad of cash right in front of my face.
"This."

I pulled on the rope which was binding my wrists together. "Please Jason, don't do this."

"Beg all you like," he chuckled. "It's not gonna make me change my mind, sweetheart."
Tears streamed down my face as he walked towards a rough looking man.
"Do what you want to her, she's yours."

"Jason, please." It was becoming hard to breathe, I couldn't move and I couldn't think straight. I watched as Jason walked further and further away, leaving me in the hands of someone else.
"Jason, I love you." I blurted out.
I had to say it.
Otherwise it would kill me slowly.

He spun around on his heel. "And you really believed I loved you? You silly bitch," he laughed evilly. "You are nothing to me."

"But you are everything to me."

*

I woke up sweating and crying, I sat up instantly and held on to my throat as I struggled to catch my breath.
Tears slid on to my hands, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make them stop.

It was just a dream.

I tried to keep quiet, but I couldn't drown out the sound of my hiccuping sobs and Jason soon enough woke up.
I didn't want him to see me like this.

I pressed the heels of my hands to my eyes and took quick, shuddering breaths.
Jason sat up quickly as soon as he realised what was going on.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.
I tried to steady my breathing.
Why was I having such a bad reaction to this?
"Baby, please tell me." Jason's voice shook.

"I had a bad dream." I nuzzled my face into his chest, squeezing my eyes shut and trying to stop myself from hearing Jason's haunting voice in my head.
'You are nothing to me'

"What happened?" He held me tighter and kissed my forehead.

"You sold me," I sobbed. "And you said you never loved me."

Jason hesitated before speaking, he ran a hand through my hair and pulled me even closer. "Baby girl, I would never do anything like that to you. You mean the world to me and you know that." His voice was wobbly and unstable.

"I know, I just..." I inhaled deeply. "I don't want you to leave me, I don't know what I would do without you." As much as I tried to calm down, I only seemed to get more upset.

"Listen to me, Y/n. If there's one thing I live for, it's you. You don't have to worry about anything, because I promise I'll keep you safe. You have my word."

-------------------

Jason pulled on his leather jacket and counted the silver bullets on the table.
He looked a mess.
A dark purple bruise shadowed under his eye and his lip was bust.
Not to mention the wounds on his knuckles, which were open and fresh.
Yet Jason did not look weak, not in my eyes.
In my eyes, he looked stronger than ever.

Alex and josh entered the room, getting ready to leave for the day.
It only took one glance at Jason to know that something was up.