04 : Man Up, McCann

Your POV

"Get in, quick." Jason urged, yanking open the door to his black Ferrari.
- which only had two seats.

"What about everyone else?" I raised my eyebrows, hesitating.
Images of the other masked men filled my mind and I remembered the people I hadn't seen in so long, excitement filled me as I realised the distance between us all was finally closing.

"They came in different cars, we're meeting them at the truck stop near Lockhart, now come on, we need to get out of here." He rushed, pushing me gently into his luxurious sports car.

"Why didn't you just all come together?" I asked as I slipped into the leather seat.
Jason shut the door and jogged around the front, opening his door and practically throwing himself into the vehicle. It roared into life when he turned it on.

"This place is heavily guarded, we're not getting out of this without a police chase, with more cars, it'll be harder for them to keep up with us," Jason pushed a hand through his golden-brown hair and began to race away from the building full of terrified teenagers. "You ready for this?" He glanced at me, a smirk growing on his lips.

"Not really." I dug my nails into the leather seat and held my breath as Jason urged the car to go even faster, it wasn't long before the sirens rang in my ears and red and blue flashing lights appeared in Jason's rear view mirror.
"What if they catch-"

"They won't," Jason tightened his grip on the wheel, skidding onto an empty road. "They never have and they never will."

---------------

Jason kept his promise and he had lost the police about half an hour ago, they had failed their job when Jason drove through a fence and ended up racing through a field full of cattle.
Let's just say his Ferrari wasn't quite as luxurious as before.

It was around midnight, and the journey to the truck stop seemed never ending. I just hoped that everyone else had gotten the cops off their tails.

"Are you cold?" Jason broke the comfortable silence, glancing at me as he drove at a now-comfortable speed.

"A little." I admitted, pushing my back further into the black leather.

"My jackets in the glove box, put that on and warm up." He said.
I nodded and opened it, tensing as I saw a black gun alongside a blue adidas jacket. I took the clothing and shut it quickly, squeezing my eyes shut and trying to push away the memory of Kieran. I wasn't over it, and I hadn't yet accepted it.
"What's wrong?" Jason looked concerned.

"Nothing." I forced a smile and pulled Jason's jacket around me, it smelled like him and I was comforted by it.

"Y/n, tell me." He let one hand go of the wheel and reached for mine, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

"Just... the night we were separated. It's been getting to me." I didn't want to do this here, and Jason realised.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow. You didn't do a bad thing, stop blaming yourself baby."

Butterflies erupted in my stomach from the common nickname that I hadn't heard in so long. "Okay, thanks Jason." I said quietly, gripping his hand tighter and assuring myself that I wasn't dreaming.