Day 51

"This is the last time we are ever going to do this." He pointed out, and she frowned, grateful it was dark,

"I know." She said tonelessly. They were sleeping on the trampoline again, and this time Blaze wasn't as opposed to it.

"You know what? I give you permission to have this tramp when I die." He said, and she snorted. She used to cringe at any word related to death, but now it was usual, as if it meant nothing at all.

"Thanks. I'll just sleep on the tramp every night." She said, and he laughed.

"Good." He said, and he found her hand in the dark, intertwining their fingers. "Look, a shooting star! Make a wish." He said, and they both closed their eyes for a few seconds, wishing for things that they both knew would not come true because of a star. "What did you wish for?" He asked, and she giggled.

"I can't tell you!" She exclaimed. "It won't come true."

"I'll tell you mine."

"Nope." She shook her head. She would have told him, if she weren't embarrassed of her wish. She had wished for him to live, even though she knew it was impossible and he would die any day now.

"Last chance?" He asked hopefully, and she chuckled.

"I'm not going to take it." She said firmly and he laughed.

"Okay." He said, pulling her body close to his with his arm. He positioned them so they were spooning, before kissing the top of her head. "Goodnight. I love you." He said, and felt a smile grow on her face.

"I love you, too."

That was the night they watched shooting stars.