Day 35

"Let's go see the penguins first!" He said, pulling her towards the indoor exhibit by the hand. She let him lead her into the cold room, and she smiled as he looked over the animals, astonished.

"Aw, they're so cute!" She exclaimed, and he nodded. They sat in there for almost ten minutes, until it got too cold, and Blaze pulled Luke towards the panda bears. "Look at the big bear." She cooed, and he laughed. For hours, that's all they did. Dragging one another to opposite ends of the zoo, until Luke started complaining.

"Blaze, I'm hungry." He whined, and she rolled her eyes.

"Just a few more minutes." She said, and he over-dramatically groaned. As she stared intently at the lion, he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her head. "If you're trying to distract me, you're doing a really good job." She dead panned, and he laughed.

"Good enough to get me some food?" He asked, and she sighed loudly.

"I guess so." She said, failing to hide her grin. He smiled down at her and grabbed her hand. They walked in silence to the food kiosks, and both got a hotdog. As they were eating, Blaze pushed Luke's hotdog into his face. He laughed loudly, receiving a few stares from the families around them.

"Jeez, Blaze. You got a wicked sunburn today." He said as they finally walked out the large black gates.

"Wicked? You sound like a twelve-year-old." She said, and he chuckled.

"Maybe I am."

"Well, that would suck for both of us." She sighed, grabbing his hand.

That was the first time she ever went to the zoo with Luke Hemmings.