Day 22

"Guess what day it is!" She shouted, walking through his front door. From the couch, he shrugged.

"I don't know. Wednesday?" He guessed, and she nodded.

"Yes, it is Wednesday. Do you know what else today is?" She asked, and he shook his head. "It's International Picnic Day!" She yelled at him.

"I'm pretty sure that's not a thing."

"It is too a thing! And we are going to celebrate." She pouted, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Even if we wanted to celebrate, we don't have a picnic." He said, and she grinned.

"Yes we do! It's in my car." She said, and he rolled his eyes and stood up.

"Okay, let's get this over with." He said, and she slapped his arm.

"Don't sound so enthusiastic." She joked, and he cracked a small smile. When they got to the park, she set up the blanket and dropped the basket right in the centre.

"What kind of sandwiches did you make?" He asked, peeking into the basket.

"My dad made us peanut butter and jelly." She laughed, and he smiled and emptied out the basket's contents over the blanket. There were small bags of crisps, sandwiches, cans of soda, and a bag of candy.

"You are good at the whole picnic thing." He chuckled, and she laughed.

"I know."

That was how she spent International Picnic Day with Luke Hemmings.

(It's a real thing I swear)