Day 25

"Come on, Blaze. It will be fun! I promise!" Luke exclaimed, and she looked at him.

"Lucas, it is the middle of June, I am not sleeping outside."

"Why not? You said it yourself, it's the middle of June. It will be warm. It will be fun. I promise." He said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Grab the blankets, Hemmo." She said, and he beamed at her.

"Yes! Okay, get food and drinks and flashlights and meet me on the trampoline." He said.

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this." She grumbled, walking into his kitchen. She filled up her backpack with water, crisps, cookies, and two flashlights before dragging her feet out the back door and onto the giant, circular trampoline. Minutes later, Luke ran out of the house, holding a massive pile of blankets and a couple pillows. He threw them on the tramp before getting on.

"Help me set up!" Luke says, and she can't help but smile at the fact he looks like a five-year-old on Christmas morning. They lay out a large quilt, and then the pillows. On top of that, they add a thinner quilt, just in case they got cold. They lay down, looking up at the stars. "This isn't so bad, is it?" He teases and she looks at him, meeting his eyes.

"No, I guess not."

x-----x-----x

In the morning, Luke woke up with the blinding sunshine in his eyes. He looked around, before finally realising he was in his back yard. He looked down, meeting Blaze's gaze. He smiled down at her.

"Good morning." He said, and she grinned at him.

"Morning. How did you sleep?"

"Great. You?" He asked, and she nodded, not removing the smile from her face. He pulled her even closer to his body than before, and closed his eyes, as she did the same.

That was the first time she ever slept outside with Luke Hemmings.