Day 36

"Hey, grandma." He said, holding the frail old woman in his arms.

"Hi, Lukey. Who is this pretty girl right here?" She asked, and Blaze felt her cheeks warm up. She waved.

"Hi, I'm Blaze, Luke's friend." She said, and the old woman smiled warmly at her. She looked at their intertwined fingers and raised an eyebrow, as if to say 'friends?', but she didn't say anything on the matter.

"Well, hi. I'm Grace. It's so nice to have you here."

"It's so nice to be here!" She exclaimed, looking around to the rest of the family. They sat there talking to his grandmother until a tall, black haired woman pulled him away, also dragging Blaze to her. She wrapped him up in her arms and rocked back and forth for a few moments. He laughed.

"Hey, Aunt Ruby." He said, wrapping his arms around her as well. Blaze dropped his hand, and went back to his grandmother.

"So I heard you've been hanging out with Luke." She said, and Blaze nodded.

"I have. We've been practically inseparable ever since we met." She explained, and the older woman nodded.

"That's so sweet of you. He hasn't been the same since the di-" she was cut off with Luke's booming voice.

"Blaze, come and meet my Aunt Ruby." He waved her over, and Blaze squeezed the old woman's hand.

"I'll be back around later." She smiled, and Grace nodded, before shooing her off. Blaze laughed and shook her head, walking towards Luke and Ruby.

"Aunt Ruby, this is my girlfriend, Blaze." He said, and she smiled at the way the word had just slipped off his tongue. She intertwined their fingers, squeezing his hand just as she had done moment before. She waved to the raven-haired woman.

"Hi, I'm Blaze." She said, and the woman pulled her into a hug. She was shocked, and faintly remembered the days before, when she had met Liz Hemmings. She wrapped her arms around the woman's thin frame.

"I'm Ruby. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." She laughed. Once she had let go, Blaze and Luke made their way to the other side of the yard. "Girlfriend, huh?" She teased, and he looked confused, until his cheeks tinted pink.

"Did I say girlfriend?"

"That you did." She said, and he grabbed her hands in his, pulling her body closer. He looked down at her as she swung their hands at the sides of their bodies.

"Well, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked, and she looked up at him.

"Do you want me to be your girlfriend?" She teased, and he groaned.

"You suck."

"I am truly offended, Lucas." She said, and he smiled. "Yes."

"Yes what?" He asked, confused. She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I want to be your girlfriend. Idiot." She said, mumbling the last part. He ignored her and grinned.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I guess so." She smiled. He laughed and leaned down, pressing a chaste kiss to her lips.

That was the day she became Luke Hemmings' girlfriend.