Day 30

"What are you doing today, guys?" Leanne asked, and Luke shrugged.

"Nothing, we were just going to hang out today." He said, and she nodded with a satisfied look.

"Good. Do you want to help me paint the basement today? I've been meaning to do it for a while." Luke looked to Blaze, who just nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, that sounds fun." She said, and they got up off the couch. Leanne got some of Edward's old clothes, some that were far too small for him now, and gave them to Luke. Blaze had changed into an old Nirvana shirt and a pair of tie-dye shorts. They made their way downstairs, before Leanne assigned the two teens a room. They grabbed a can of teal paint and a radio.

"Hey, what would you do if I painted a stripe down your back?" He asked, and she shrugged, not turning around to face the blonde boy as she painted the west wall.

"I would probably hit you." She laughed, until she felt a rough and scratchy object slide down her side. She looked down to see a teal stripe, from her shoulder to her knee. She turned around to Luke, raising a hand to the boy.

"You can't hit me. You said you would hit me if I painted your back, which I didn't." He said. She raised an eyebrow, before smirking.

"You know, what? You," she said, flinging the paint off of her brush onto him. "Are," she continued, flinging paint at him once a again. "Right." She finished, ridding her brush with the last of the paint. He looked at her with a shocked look, before smirking back. He took a step towards her, which in return, made her step back. He continued until she was pressed against the wall, him trapping her.

"Let's just hug it out." He said, and she laughed.

"Not fair, Hemmo. Now my whole back is blue."

"Teal." He corrected, and she rolled her eyes. He laughed and let her go. They continued painting until Leanne came in to check on their progress.

They didn't paint anymore.

That was the first time she ever painted with Luke Hemmings.