Day 16

"They will love you, I promise." Luke had told her, and she shook her head. He tried to pull her.

"No, I'm not ready. I'm scared. Do not make me do this." She screwed her eyes shut, digging her heels in the ground.

"That's what I thought about your parents, remember?" He reminder her, and she shook her head.

"That's different. My mother is a hippie!" She exclaimed, and he groaned.

"Blaze, I don't want to have to do this."

"Do what?" She asked, and he grabbed her wrist and gripped behind her knees, lifting her onto his shoulders. He hooked his arm behind her legs and grabbed her wrist, holding her with one hand. "Put me down, Hemmings!" She shouted, and he shook his head.

"No can do, Johnson." He said, walking down the sidewalk. Finally after about six or seven minutes of walking, he made his way up the sidewalk of a small white house with red shutters.

"Aw, this is cute." She said, observing the house. He chuckled. "You know, Hemmings, you could put me down now."

"No, I can't. You'd run off."

"You know me so well." She cooed. He knocked on the door three times with his free hand. An Asian boy with dark hair opened the door. "Hi, I'm Blaze." She said, waving with the hand Luke wasn't holding onto.

"Hi, I'm Calum. I'm not Asian, just in case you were wondering."

"I wasn't, but thanks."

"Why are you holding her?" Calum asked Luke.

"She would run." The fair haired boy shrugged, causing Blaze to move up and down as well.

"Oh, okay. Well, the other boys are in the kitchen." Calum said, and Luke walked into the house, weaving through rooms until he reaches a small room with linoleum flooring and yellow walls. He set Blaze down in a chair, and the other boys watched with amused smirks on their faces.

"Guys, this is Blaze. Blaze, this is Ashton," Luke said, and the boy with curly bronze hair and a wide smile waved, which she immediately returned and waved back. "And that is Michael." She turned to the other boy, who had straight red hair and a giant grin plastered on his face.

"See, that wasn't so bad." He said, repeating her words from the other day.

That was the day she met Luke Hemmings friends.