Confrontation (Edited)

Logan and I were able to ditch the cops in no time partly in thanks to our guards. Since, we were all driving black SUV's it made it particularly difficult for them to trail after us when we sped up through red lights and then separated.

When we were finally able to relax, I shut my eyes and just breathed. I needed to prepare myself for what we were about to walk into. My father, I mean Rupert, is incredibly unpredictable. I am trying to have faith that Rupert has not harmed my child.

Though, my trust in him is dwindling.

"Bella," Logan called.

I opened my eyes to see that we were still on the highway. The mile marker on the side of the road informed me that we are only ten miles out. I set my sight upon him. "Yes," I answered.

"This is our son. Your father or not, are you prepared to do what you have to do?"

My mouth opened and closed. Logan's question danced around my brain. "As you said, this is our son. I am here for him and him only. If I have to hurt Rupert, I will."

Logan nodded as he kept driving along straight. I felt a sudden push on the gas as he sped forward and began to maneuver his way in and out of traffic. Within twenty minutes, he pulled off at the exit in my hometown. I hadn't been back here since that night.

I gave Logan the directions to my house. We decided to park a block away and then walk. We wanted to have some element of surprise working for us. I knew that Rupert would be expecting me either way.

"Your quiet," I spoke softly.

Logan nodded to me as he pulled an all black gun from his back pants. "I've never had to use this before."

My eyes widened. I glanced around to make sure no one saw that he had a gun in his hand and called the police. I surely didn't want anything ruining our chances of returning to my baby.

"Is it for protection?"

"Yes."

I understood. "Your line of work," I asked.

He shrugged, "Overall protection." I stopped walking when I saw it. The dead rose vine growing up the side of the house. Logan followed my eyes to the house. "This is it."

"Yes."

"And you're prepared for anything," he asked once more.

I turned to him. "When it comes to my children, I will hurt who I have to in order to keep them safe."

He pulled the safety off and checked the chamber in the gun. Fully loaded and ready to be shot. "Okay."

"Where did you get that?" I asked Logan after he placed the nine millimeter gun in the back of his pants.

"I've always had it," he replied. He squeezed my hand as we neared the cracked porch steps. "Are you ready for this?"

I nodded. We stepped up the four steps one by one and crossed the termite eaten porch floor board. I twisted the knob and felt the door push open.

I stepped forward, but Logan held me back. He wanted to go in first. He held one hand behind him, prepared to grab the gun at a moment's notice. He stepped forward looking straight, left, and then right. In a flash, something metal struck him across the head and he fell onto his side.

Rupert stepped into view with Logan Junior in his arms. My baby smiled as he recognized me. "Help me with him."

Thankfully, Logan was still breathing. I pulled him into the house, eyeing his gun the entire time. I had a feeling I'd need it as I shut the door behind the two of us. I want to grab the weapon, but I am still within view of Rupert.