Mommy duty (Edited)

A loud pitched scream snapped my eyes right open. I sat up in the bed risking whiplash, glancing at the clock I saw that it was only two thirty in the morning and I literally just fell asleep a couple hours ago. I stumbled out of the bed hearing another cry joining in.

Fantastic, they were both up.

I slipped across the floor in my daze. I ran out of the room and straight to the nursery down the hall. I turned on the lights. Baby Logan was the closest, his little face all red as he screamed all that his lungs could muster. I transferred him into the bassinet and moved over to grab Tegan. Poor thing was just getting started to have a fit. I slipped her in the bassinet and slid it over to the rocking chair. I turned on some classical music so I didn't fall asleep and slipped off my top.

I was able to get Logan grasped onto my nipple as I held onto Tegan's hand and offered her some soothing words. I needed to distract her for a moment. I had to get the twins off of the same exact schedule because mama only has two hands.

This was my life for the first week. Logan came by to help often. He couldn't do as much since I insisted on breastfeeding without pumping. But I recently had to buy one because Logan wants to be able to take care of the twins on his own. I'm not quite ready to give them up. I do have plans to have a dinner with my parents in a couple days and I don't want my children out there with the paparazzi. They are dying to get a picture of my child. Logan has stated that people have already offered him at least ten million dollars for a cover picture.

The longer I stare at the pumps the more defeated I become. I have to do this, I know. Logan will kill me if I attempt to take the twins to dinner with me. I sighed and looked over at my beautiful babies downstairs with me. I had bassinets for them so they didn't have to be out of my sight. Nancy was currently looking over both of them. She has neglected me to the twins well-being.

She looked over at me and smirked. "You're not even going to try them."

I shrugged. "I read the directions. There's no hurry. I"m not seeing my parents until the end of the week." The TV was on in the background in my very big family room. Nancy stood ignoring the other couch and Lazy-Boy.

Nancy laughed at me. "You're going to get out of it, aren't you?"

I smiled at her. "They are my children. Where they go is my choice?"

She laughed again. "Young lady, they are both of your children. You have to include him in your plans."

I narrowed my eyes at her, knowing deep down she was correct. I glanced around the room for my cell to call Logan and have it out with him. My doorbell rang, Nancy glimpsed the twins before she went to go check. I located my cell and began to dial the number just when I heard a very distinctive voice.

Mark

"Nancy, would you mind taking the rest of the day off? I plan to cook for Bella, tonight."

Mark came in to view wearing jean shorts, tennis shoes, and a nice red shirt. Nancy glanced at me to see what I thought about Mark's orders for her. I simply nodded that it was all right if she left. I didn't need a babysitter or for someone to cook for me so it didn't matter. She kissed the twins on their forehead right before she headed out.

"Pumping," Mark asked me after Nancy had left.

I shrugged. "Attempting, I have to go out and I'd rather not have the twins. The paparazzi are getting daring, Logan says. They've tried to come over the gate and slip through when the gate opens."

He sat beside me. "How have you been doing?"

I blew out my mouth vibrating my lips. I looked at myself. I was currently sitting on the couch in clothes I've worn for the past two days: a black tank top and sweats. They were my maternity wear. They were pretty big, but I still had my fat belly starting to fold in on me now making me look plain chubby. My hair was another atrocity. My dark locks were in a tangled ponytail. I was less than appealing on all counts.